21 ~ Felix Felicis

"Ok class, now I'm going to award the winners of the potions competition with their prize." He pulled out a small test tube of a molten gold liquid. Once again, Silvers hand shot into the air causing Sirius to turn and look at her lovingly. He loved how she knew every answer to any question, he loved how she wasn't afraid to answer every question and show off her knowledge. 

"That is Felix Felicis, more commonly known as Liquid Luck. a that makes the drinker lucky for a period of time, during which everything they attempt will be successful. It turns an ordinary day into an extraordinary one. It is meant to be used sparingly, however, as it causes giddiness, recklessness, and dangerous overconfidence if taken in excess. Felix is highly in large quantities and is also a banned substance in all organised competitions, such as , along with all other methods of cheating. It is very difficult to make, disastrous if made wrong, and requires six months to stew before it is ready to be consumed." Sirius high fived the girl as always when she answered the question correctly.

"Very impressive, Miss Snape, once again ten points to Gryffindor. I have been brewing this for the last six months to give to the winner. They may use it however they wish as long as it obeys the law of the potion." The class shifted to the edges of their seats as Professor Slughorn pulled a piece of parchment out of his robe pocket. "And the winner of the Felix Felicis is ... Silver Snape and Lily Evans!" The class erupted into applause as Lily and Silver stood and went to collect their prize. "Congratulations, girls. It was an excellent brew."

The girls sat down and were immediately attacked by James and Sirius who pulled the girls into a tight hug. "As much as this is heartwarming, boys please could you release the girls. As you two failed the assignment, you two will join me this evening in detention. Now can the rest of the class open their textbooks and copy down the description, characteristics and dangers of the Felix Felicis potion please." He said awkwardly  as he returned to his desk. 

James and Sirius released the girls who automatically began writing down the lessons topic. James leant forward and tapped the boys back, "Sirius, when are you going to ask her?" Lily clearly heard this and her head snapped up, she brought her wand above the table and pointed it at Silver "Muffliato." She whispered to prevent the girl from hearing their hushed conversation. "I was planning to ask her tomorrow, but now that we've got the detention tonight, I won't be able to sort it." He groaned as he dropped his quill on the plank page and rubbed his face with his hands.

"Well, you're lucky Silver's my best friends. Professor Slughorn never stays for his detentions he'll set you a task and then he'll leave the room till time's up. I'll come nearby his classroom and when he leaves we'll swap, James and I will do the task allowing you to plan out how you're going to ask her. But you have to be here before the hour's finished otherwise we'll get caught." Sirius nodded enthusiastically and high fived James, Lily picked up her wand again and muttered, "Finite Incantatem." Before continuing with her work, Silver hadn't seemed to notice the boys' disruptions and had completed the work. She kissed Sirius gently on the cheek and handed Professor Slughorn her work as she walked out of the classroom.

"Are you ready for you detention?" Silver giggled mischievously as she sat by the fire in the Gryffindor common room. She turned to the sofa to see Sirius, James, Remus and Peter sat down behind her. Lily come down the steps to the common room and paused upon seeing the boys standing from the sofa. "Yeah we're going now. Bye Cub, see you later." He pressed a kiss on her forehead as he left, James and Lily followed after him. The redhead had almost made it out of the portrait hole when Silver turned to see her, "Lily where are you going?" Lily froze and turned round to the girl, she scanned her mind for any excuse that she could think of. "Oh I'm going to Professor Mcgonagall, I completed some extra work that I forgot to hand in." She smiled back trying to seem convincing. Silver smiled back and waved, the redhead let out a sigh of relief as she closed the portrait behind her. 

"That was close." James chuckled as he placed his arm around the girls shoulders. "Now let's hurry or else we're going to be late." The three ran down to the potions classroom and reached it just in time, "There you are boys, just in time. Miss Evans? Is there a reason you're here too?" He asked looking perplexed at Lily, she shook her head and waved to the boys walking round the corner to hide. "Ok boys, I want you two to label each of these jars then put them away in the cabinet behind you. Don't drop any jars or else there may be dangerous reaction." The boys nodded and began sorting through the jars. After about ten minutes Professor Slughorn got up from his desk, telling the boys that he would be leaving for a little while and would return later that evening to allow them to go to the feast. 

"Good luck, Sirius." Lily called as the boy rushed out of the room. He ran to the astronomy tower with a backpack that he had stored in the halls filled with candles and fairy lights. Immediately, he sprung into action and using his wand, he hung various coloured fairy lights around the room, placing candles in distinct locations. He positioned various pillows and blankets covering the ground. He made the room look as romantic and beautiful as possible, his inspiration being to make it look similar to when he asked her to be his girlfriend. He made a mental note to make a picnic during breakfast tomorrow morning and he'd ask her later that day. 

Sirius look to the clock that hung on the wall behind him, panic filled him as he saw he had less than two minutes to get back to the potions classroom before Professor Slughorn got back. He bolted into a sprint down the steps in the direction of the classroom. The boy had nearly fell down an entire flight of steps but thankfully was able to stable himself. 

Sirius stumbled into the room, his face bright red and completely out of breath. He sat at a nearby desk in attempts to catch his breath again. "Really Padfoot?" James chuckled as he passed a jar over to Lily. The redhead placed the jar in the cabinet and closed the doors, "The jobs all done, you just have to wait here for Professor Slughorn. Sirius try not to look so tired when he gets here and wipe that sweat from your face." She giggled as she left the room.

Minutes later, Slughorn came into the room looking impressed. "Well done boys, you can go to the feast now." He grinned, the boys walked out of the classroom and high fived each other. The made their way to the Great Hall and sat next to Silver. "Hey, there you are! How was your detention?" She giggled as she shuffled up to make room for the boys. Sirius placed his arm around her waist and pulled her close, "Well it was bloody boring and all your fault. So that means you owe us now." He spoke brushing his nose against her cheek making her giggle. "Alright, I owe you two now. Next time we have a potion as homework, I'll do yours and James' for you." Sirius grinned as he added a pile of carrots to his plate and took a bite. 

Lily and James were curled up in James' bed, Ivy and Remus were in his bed and Tillie was perched on the end of Peters bed when Silver and Sirius walked into the dorm room. Silver peered over to Peters bed and saw him looking shly at the ground. "Peter, can I talk to you outside please?" He nodded blushing and walked out the room while the others broke out into conversation about Tillie and Regulus' trip to Hogsmead.

"Peter is everything okay? You look upset." The mousey looked up into her dark eyes and nodded his head, "Yeah, I'm fine. But thank you Silver, it means a lot." He blushed slightly as she grinned and ruffled his hair.