22

Dazais pov

My room was freezing cold which was a huge difference from where I usually slept in Chuuyas room. But I still slept almost immediately after I laid down. And before I knew the sun was blinding my eyes as I reluctantly sat up.

The idea of talking to my father now, was somewhat nerve racking. I didn't have the alcohol in me to try to convince myself. All I had was a headache and a sinking feeling in my stomach.

I tried blinking the sleep out of my eyes but all I wanted to do was curl back up in the warmth of my comforter.

For some reason I considered the offer my dad gave me. I thought of the idea while going to sleep. And right when I woke up.

To be honest the idea wanted to make my cry. Because I wanted to accept it so bad. And that made me feel guilty. I didn't want it to seem like I was running away from everyone, especially after last night.

I couldn't make it sound good in my head but I wanted to disappear. I wanted my friends to wonder where I went. I wanted to come back someday with a joke, and somehow be good enough. I needed a break. Or maybe I desperately wanted attention.

I knew my dad was already up. He always was up early.

I definitely looked awkward staggering into that kitchen.

"Hi."

He was sitting on our ugly leather couch with a coffee in his hands.

I jumped at his greeting quickly looking up at him.

I was obviously still wary of his presence. I couldn't believe I even let myself come here.

"Hey." I knew what he was gonna ask before he even had the chance. So I answered quickly to get over with it.

"I think I want to go. With Uncle."

His head snapped over in surprise and his eyes grew a size.

"Uh I don't know what to say. I didn't think you would agree to that."

I laughed to cover up how awkward I felt.

"I suppose I'm being really impulsive. I know i'll regret this later."

He narrowed his eyes standing up and grabbing his phone. He looked up at me before putting his phone to his ear.

"Hello? Look it's Mori, I talked with the kid-" his voice faded out as he walked out of the living room.

I couldn't believe what I said. I was going to go halfway across the country?

I tried to forget the incoming pleads to tell me to stop by rummaging through our cabinets.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Kid? How does a flight at 6pm sound?"

"Wait, I would leave today?" I couldn't help but be suprised by the sudden thought of how quickly things were happening.

"I mean yea. It's best since you need to start at the school there as soon as possible." he said, picking up the dirty plates I left on the counter.

"Okay I guess. But I need to get some stuff from a friends house first."

It felt surreal. Was I really going to do this? I felt ridiculous.

"Yea. Want me to drive you over?"

"No thanks." I said hopping down from the counter and going up into my old room to change.

~~~~~~~