08

Chuuyas pov

Considering I was not only skipping school but I also had a bloodied boy in my room I was reasonably weary about my mom seeing me. I contemplated jumping out my window since we were on the first floor. I huffed standing up getting ready to shove Dazai in my closet stopping when I heard my door creak open.

And there was my mom with huge eyes and crossed arms. 

Dazai giggled as I stumbled over my words trying to explain to her what was going on. She looked confused until she saw the state Dazai was in. She scrunched her face up and asked for his name. 

"Dazai"

"I hope Chuuyas been treating you nicely Dazai. Would you mind if I looked at that for you?"

I scoffed hearing her say that cringing internally.

Turning to him I cocked an eyebrow. I didn't do a superb job fixing his wounds and my mom was a trained professional. "You might wanna let her look" I suggested.

He shrugged and followed my mom to our living room. I prayed she wouldn't do anything embarrassing, cause this guys seemed decently popular and I didn't want everyone at school to know I collected hats or some other shit.

Walking to our cupboards to grab some ramen to cook I silently begged my mom not to meddle into the details of what happened. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dazais pov

Chuuyas moms name was Kouyou and the best way to describe her was motherly. I've never had a mother figure since mine fucked off when I was like 4. She seemed decent and she helped with my cuts. She had a continuing shift to go to at the hospital so she left about an hour after. I was pretty surprised Chuuya hadn't kicked me out before then. She told me I could stay as long as I wanted and that I was in charge of the house while she was gone. This earned a groan from Chuuya as she walked out the door laughing. 

Once she left I turned to Chuuya fully prepared for him to tell me it was time to go. When I looked at him he was leaning against his doorframe with his eyes cast down. 

"Chuuuuya" I drawled out. "I'm bored. What are we gonna do now?"

He slowly lifted his head up with an exhausted look on his face. "I dont know." He spat "Go home."

I pierced my lips having known this was coming. I really couldn't stay at his place any longer for so many reasons. But I didn't know where I could go. It made my breathing speed up. I didn't have a real place to go. I was currently with a boy I barely knew who hated me. But I couldn't go back to my house. Not now. I guess I was quiet for awhile cause I heard Chuuya sigh.

"You can stay here if you don't wanna go home. But it's 4:30 right now and I have to pick up my brother now." he said checking his phone. His face didn't have any pity on it. More like and understanding look. 

I swallowed hard while nodding. "Is your brother a midget like you?"

He let out a dry laugh while grabbing his shoes and heading for the door. "Well you can see for yourself. Come on."

I blinked then quickly hurried to follow him.

Walking for awhile in comfortable silence I got pretty bored. "Chuuya don't you hate me?"

He looked up at me one side of his mouth twitching, figuring out what to say. "I dunno."

"But you're being really uh nice to me."

He snapped his head back up. "Im not being nice. Im just also not being a douche. I wouldn't just let you bleed out."

I nodded my head. "But you didn't have to let me stay with you. You could have sent me off."

"Yea. But I didnt. It's for selfish reasons actually. My brother talks a lot and if you're here he won't annoy ME as much."

'oh'

Chuuyas pov

We got to the school fighting. Honestly I can't remember who started it or what it was about but I do remember laughing the whole time. I usually waited outside the school for my brother to come out. 

Dazai plopped himself onto the curb we were waiting near. I looked down at him only to be met with a crooked grin. I furrowed my eyebrows and turned my eyes to the school doors that little kids were pouring out of. Seeing the familiar mop of black blonde hair I prepared myself for anything that could happen. 

"Chuuya, Chuuya!!" he said running up and hugging me. I looked over to see Dazai looking at me with a scrunched up nose. 

"Who is that?" 

I smiled seeing Q point at Dazai who had a surprised look on his face. 

I leaned down whispering loud enough for Dazai to hear. "I dunno. He keeps following me around everywhere." Qs mouth formed an 'o' shape while Dazai jolted up and pushed me laughing. I narrowed my eyes seeing Dazai was going to say something to Q.

Cringing I prepared myself for something horrible.

But all he did was squat down and hold out his hand. Q looked quite confused with a dumbfound look on his face. 

"I'm Dazai! Your brothers new best friend. We're gonna be hanging out allll so that means you and ME can hang out too."

Qs face quickly broke into a smile as he began rambling at Dazai 

"Hi Dazai! I can't believe Chuuyas friends with someone as cool as you! You're really tall y'know! Oh and my names Yumeno but my friends call me Q and since you're my best friend you can call me Q!"

Dazai let out a laugh that made me freeze. The only other time I heard such a genuine laugh from him was when he was with Kunikida at lunch. It was a really nice sound. I broke into a smile.

Feeling a pull at my coat I saw Q standing and Dazai squatting both looking up with the best puppy eyes they could. 

"Q says he wants ice cream chuuuyyya" Dazai said. Q looked at him with wide eyes. 

He giggled "No Dazai-san! You were the one who wanted ice cream!"

I crossed my arms. Babysitting two kids was not an ideal. "Fine."

Dazai and Q cheered as Q jumped onto Dazais back. He was annoying, mean and insensitive at times. But I still couldn't help but wonder if hoisting Q up like that hurt his stomach.

AN: I HATE THIS CHAPTER TOO HNNNNNGGG. soory about lack of update ive been rlly sad ahahah ahah a ag ha ah. also i wanna say that i wanna kith akutagawa so bad i wanna hold his hand plz plz plz i'm gonna change the side ship from atsushixakutagawa to  ME and akutagawa i swear.