18

Lol im sorry

Chuuyas pov

"We're having a bonfire at Atsushi's house today."

"Seriously? Its like 40 degrees outside." Dazai sat up from the couch he was dangling his head off of.

My eyes probably rolled at his stupidity.

"Yes Dazai. And a fire is warm." The sarcasm didn't go unnoticed, as I felt a pillow hit the back of my head.

I smiled before I whipped the pillow back at his head.

"Just remember to dress warm."

He scoffed before grabbing his phone from the side table.

"Chuuya where do you wanna go to college?"

It felt weird hearing those words come from him. Especially considering he never seemed to care about the future or what happened to him.

I felt my face drop. I always knew what I was doing after high school, but I never thought about what I would be leaving behind.

I hesitated wondering whether or not I should be honest.

"Uh I'm going back to France for college." I said softly rubbing at my neck.

His eyes stayed on his phone screen and his expression stayed the same.

"What are you gonna do fir college?" I said awkwardly trying to break the silence that hung in the air.

He pulled his knees up to his chest and put his phone back down, looking at me with a frown.

"I don't have many options. I need college to get away from my dad but I can't pay for it myself."

I swallowed thickly unable to think of anything to say my eyes searching the room awkwardly.

"I didn't expect you to stick around me forever y'know. You're not my keeper so don't feel bad about leaving me."

His words only made me feel worse. I was leaving him. And I was going far.

"I have scholarship offers for academics and soccer. It's really not that big of a deal." he said standing up.

"Well I'll grab blankets and money to buy stuff for s'mores!"

I could feel my face scrunch. Because even while he was reassuring me he looked sad.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Shit! Kunikida already wasted? We just got here and you're already started? Chill out!" Dazai yelled as we walked over to everyone.

I saw kunikida eyes narrow as he placed down whatever drink he had in his hands.

"I'm not wasted you prick. I literally just picked this up."

Dazai shrugged as he threw our blankets down into a chair near Yosano.

I had already decided I wasn't going to drink. I simply wasn't in the mood to fuck something up without knowing what I was doing.

"You don't usually drink right Dazai?" Atsushi asked as he walked out of his house to where the fire was.

Dazai smiled before reaching for a bottle of whiskey.

I narrowed my eyes confused, considering dazai didn't drink. He never had when everyone else did.

"Dazai? What are you doing?"

He looked over at me before unscrewing the cap and taking a swig straight out of the bottle.

"Jeez Chuuya don't be such a control freak." It didn't even look like the strong liquid affected him at all and he swallowed it without making a face.