01*

tw: abuse

Moving from France in the middle of Chuuyas junior year wasn't what he'd call ideal. In Fact it was single handedly the most miserable thing that could have happened to his adolescence. However death was famously known for making things miserable, and he should have expected things to go as such.

Chuuya was never close with his father. A hand me down coat or a faint reminder of his humanity in leftover bowls of milk in the morning and dirty shoes was all he had.

But he loved his mother, she made up for his fathers absence. His death was hard on her, and she was never the same after the move to Japan. They were back in her hometown and Chuuya was so sure it would cheer her up. However she pushed her grief aside by overworking herself. He lost his father first and soon after the mother he'd known when he was a child.

That left Chuuya in charge of Q. He wanted his brother to know the same kind of love that he had known growing up. Chuuya wasn't sure how to replicate the special love and security you can only get from a parent and he didn't want to screw up his brother.

So he hugged Q when he asked and sang him the songs their mother would sing to him when he had a nightmare.

He loved his brother. And wanted to push aside his own problems to fix Qs. But it was hard to not be selfish. Especially when you're seventeen.

Q was a sweet kid. He had these big brown eyes and always wore an old stolen coat. His hair was atrocious, victim to their mothers old hair dye. But the parts that werent bleached blonde were a soft brown.

Q had his fathers features. And Chuuya, his mothers.

_______

Dazai wasn't necessarily popular. Everyone knew his name, but that wasn't popularity. That was just unfortunate.

Being so renowned came with all the talk you'd expect.

'Dazais dad is so rich which is the only reason he's even still allowed to attend this school'

'I heard he has 4 cars and a motorcycle but never got his license since he failed the test twice.'

Gossip was childish. And a waste of air. They always spiraled into unbelievable circumstances and deluded those who fed into them. Unfortunately most of the rumors about him were true.

"I heard his dad is the one who causes those bruises."

Dazai could spot Kunikida from a mile away. His blonde hair stood out in the sea of browns and blacks. It also helped that he was like six foot three.

"Kunikida! Kunikida, I know you can hear me!" The man halted to a stop clearly uninterested in whatever Dazai had to complain about.

"Watcha up to?" Kunikida sighed.

"I have a council meeting. There's a new student attending sometime this week. He'll be in our class and I've been tasked with showing him around." Kunikida was frank with his words. Not even sparring Dazai a glance.

"Oh fun." Dazai spoke, drawing out his letters.

Dazai stuck by Kunikidas' side as they navigated the overly silent hallway.

"You don't have to come with me to the council room. Really Dazai just go to class." Kunikida nudged him and pushed up his glasses.

"Awww I was hoping I could show around the new boy in your stead." he whined back.

Kunikidas' eyes narrowed at the offer, surprised by his words.

And just as Kunikida was about to take him up on his generous offer-and thank Dazai, he broke out into his shit eating grin.

Kunikida huffed, face twisting.

"Just go to class you dick."

Dazai chuckled, twisting on his heel, stalking off to anywhere but his class.