10

writers block is eating my ass right now folks don't be mad when i make them kiss in like one chapter cause i have no fing inspo.

Chuuyas pov

The idea that a certain smell can trigger memories is strange. The smell of Autumn air makes me feel incredibly nostalgic. So when Dazai handed me his shirt to wash, I couldn't help but close my eyes and let the scent fill my nose and bring up specific memories of carving pumpkins with my mom and dad.

I can't help but wonder if letting Dazai stay the night is even a good idea. I mean we aren't even friends, but the way he looked so lost made me want to help him.

Throwing his stuff in the wash I hopped down the stairs skipping the last three steps. We had a pretty open living room with a decent sized couch so I settled on letting him sleep there. I grabbed a blanket from my room wordlessly dragging him behind me on the way out.

"You can sleep out here okay?" I said seeing him plop himself on the couch and look around.

"You see I have a tough time falling asleep most of the time. Do you have cable or netflix or something to put on." he said lazily.

I scoffed grabbing the remote and throwing it to him. "Can you figure it out yourself or do I need to do everything for you?"

He stuck his bottom lip out and grabbed the remote. "Thanks Chuuya. Goodnight." he replied.

I scrunched my nose and walked back to my room. Once I closed my door I finally felt the exhaustion  take over my body and quickly fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dazai left for school 30 minutes before Q and I. The morning was surprisingly civil and calm. He rushed out the door early in the morning thanking me and talking about grabbing his bag. I chuckled turning to Q. He had a confused look on his face. I smiled then helped him get ready for school.

Walking into school I felt strangely nervous. Like what if Dazai told everyone about how I helped him. Or maybe I was just nervous to see Dazai again. I sucked in a breathe and stalked off to homeroom.

"Fuck, Dazai get off of him!" I heard a familiar voice ring out. I narrowed my eyes and opened the door to our homeroom. The scene in front of me was hard to comprehend in the moment. The desks on the left side of the room were spread out where Akutagawa was sprawled out on the floor with his elbows behind him. He was starring up at Dazai who was towering over him. Around them stood a frantic looking Kenji, a yelling Atsushi and several other people.

I could see Dazai breathing heavy with frantic eyes. He scanned the room before his eyes landed on me. They seemed to widen before he looked back at Akutagawa and the others. Before I knew it he was walking towards me and all I could do was stand there frozen. What had happened between when he left smiling this morning and now? He shoved past me out the door knocking sense back into me. I whipped around yelling jackass before glancing back to where everyone was.

"What the hell? Why is he on the floor. And why is Dazai so bitchy." I questioned to no one in particular knowing someone would answer.

Akutagawa was now sitting with his legs crossed on the floor with Atsushi crouched in front of him. Atsushi was holding a tissue to his lip and whispering something in his ear.

"Ask Kunikida. He was the only other person in here when it happened." Tachihara said. turning to Kunikida I tilted my head.

He gestured towards Akutagawa. "I dunno. Dazai punched him and then pushed him backwards."

"That seems way more serious than you're making it sound." I growled back. What the hell was Dazais issue. Why did he punch Akutagawa?

"He said something..." he looked towards Akutagawa who just shrugged and looked back to Atsushi. "Akutagawa said something sensitive. It wasn't all Dazais fault." Kunikida finally said.

I crossed my arms. How could a group of people be so dumb. "Wait so does this friend group have some sort of pact where you all take turns owning up for Dazais mistakes? Dazai fucking punched him and you're saying it wasnt his fault."

They all looked at me blankly.

"He punched him. Not the other way around. You guys cant just let him do that." I said plopping into a seat near Akutagawa.

"Are you okay?"

He nodded against Atsushis hand not looking up at me.

"What did you say to him?" I questioned softly.

this chapter is such a mess im so sorry. like i said im having a tough time writing so hopefully i'll get some better chapters soon.