06

Trigger waning folks

Chuuyas pov

 "I didn't take you for a red Jeep kind of guy." I laughed at his car choice. I assumed he'd have some beat down Toyota not a shiny red Jeep.

He scrunched his face up. "Its my sisters. Mines in the shop. Don't let it distract you from trying to reach the door." I would have continued to laugh if he hadn't just insulted my height. I scoffed and jumped up.

We rode in awkward silence till we got off the hill of the school.

"So what the real deal?" I asked. It didn't feel awkward asking that weirdly enough.

Akutagawa glanced at me before sighing. "He talks all the time. He says the things that most people would just keep in their heads. But somehow he doesnt talk about much. People simply know not to ask him about HIS life, cause he just doesnt answer." He kept his eyes glued to the road not sparing a look at me. "He's got some kind of issue with keeping people around. Like he doesnt want to stick around one person for too long. Kunikida and I've known him the longest. Yet hes still a huge mystery. His dads loaded with money. Family business shit I dont know. We know he has brown hair and brown eyes. And we know hes always got some sort of gash or bruise on him. It's easy to guess what happens but no one ever says anything. Actually im not so sure any one else even considers it." He raised an eyebrow saying that. (Yes he has eyebrows in this story shut up). 

I could feel my mouth go dry at Akutagawas words. I knew what he was saying but I didn't want to think it was true. I simply nodded my head and turned to face the road. The car returning to silence once again. 

Dazais Pov

I hate pain so badly. Obviously everyone hates pain but I find it typically unbearable. The idea of it is a HUGE turn off. Like the idea of suicide is appealing until you consider how it must be done. Feeling pain overwhelm your body when you finally get a release from life seems particularly cruel. I suppose the pain can be reasoned with if youre able to remind yourself that a warm feeling will eventually dull the throbbing pains. I have a hard time reminding myself of that usually. 

Currently I am sitting in the rain at a bus stop near my house. The chance my dad will find me here is slim but possible. The man is actually blackout drunk on our sofa so I think I'll be okay. I assume my dad thinks I'm at school but with the gash on my stomache from the bottle thrown at me I couldn't even try to hobble my way to school. Lots of blood and lots of pain. I was on my way to school this morning because the day prior I skipped school because I felt so overwhelmed. I regretted it after though. It made me feel selfish and cynical to skip school just for that small reason. 

I could see two figures with umbrellas walking towards the bus stop I was sitting at. That seemed like a cue to get up and leave. Seeing a boy in bandages covered in blood might seem slightly sus so I grabbed my black bag and stood up.

Wincing as I steadied myself I felt blood rush to my head and my vision go blurry. I grabbed a pole and blinked it away a few times before quickly walking away from the few figures in what I can only describe as a hobble. I had no idea where I could go but walking around seemed like my best bet. Clutching the shirt I had pressed against the open wound on my stomache I walked in the direction of my house.

Chuuyas pov

Akutagawa left me with a "Please stay safe" before driving off back towards the school. I huffed and walked to the nearest window of the house that was supposedly Dazais. I carefully peeked inside seeing no movement. There were 3 cars in the driveway of the huge house. I'm guessing they had even more cars in the garage so it would be hard to base if someone were home on the amount of  cars they had left. Debating on risking the chance of seeing his dad by ringing the doorbell I began to feel a slight worry. I have no idea why cause I hate the guy. But from what Akutagawa said I really hope hes not going through what I think he is. But everything makes sense. Like when I asked him what was on his lip and he completely dodged the question. Or how he doesn't like to attach to people. Saying I was concerned wouldn't be wrong. However I began to doubt my ability to find out where he was. Yet I didn't want to let his friends down. 

I began to walk around towards the back of the house. Maybe I would be able to see more of the house through the back. I peeked in a few more windows with no luck. Sighing as I let myself sit on the ground to think I startled hearing a rustle from the woods behind his big ass pool. I whipped my head around my eyes squinting trying to identify the figure stumbling out of the woods. As the figure got closer I felt my whole body go cold.

"...Dazai?"