09

Chuuyas pov

The closest icec ream shop within walking distance was an old run down Dairy Queen. I faltered at the thought of paying for ice cream for everyone. It's true that I have money cause I do work a job. But most of that money goes to my mom to help out with things. I glanced over at Dazai and Q who were talking about their favorite pokemon, before reaching into my pocket. I had about 8 dollars which wouldnt cover 3 peoples ice cream. Fuck if fucking Dazai weren't here than it wouldn't be a huge deal, but he didn't need to know I have no money.

Running up the concrete steps Dazai pulled the door open letting Q run in before him. He waited for me holding the door open while I quickened my steps to run towards the door. I hurried past him avoiding eye contact as I walked toward Q to show him what he could get.

"The cherry dipped is the best thing here" Dazai said suddenly. Snapping my head up to look at him from where I was crouched on the ground I nodded. Standing up I told them that they could order.

Q put his head up and laid his chin on the window as he relayed his order to the worker. Then Dazai order an Oreo vanilla blizzard. They all looked back at me waiting to see what I wanted. Knowing I wouldn't have enough money for everyones and mine I shrugged telling them I didnt want any.

I slowly looked to see Dazai with a confused look on his face.

"Cmon please. Im buying." Dazai said suddenly. My brows furrowed as he said this. I didn't even consider the fact that Dazai would have money with him. I considered it before feeling bad that he wanted to pay.

"No it's fine I don't feel comfortable with you paying." I shrugged.

"Please Chuu. Let me." he said with begging eyes. "You did a lot for me even though you hate me. Just let me buy ice cream." He laughed. "It's not that deep"

I scoffed "Don't call me Chuu." Before walking up to the counter and surprising myself when I ordered a cherry dipped vanilla cone.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Glancing over at Q playing in the grass I smiled. Dazai and I were currently sitting at a picnic table while Q jumped from rock to rock. It felt nice for things to seem so calm. Biting into the hard shell of my ice cream I chewed the waxy cherry colored treat. It was really good. It also for some reason made me feel slightly nostalgic.

"Your brothers really sweet. It's weird though since he's almost just as tall as you." Dazai said laughing.

Scowling I threw a rock that was on the table into his hair which only made him laugh harder.

I was sitting across from him and got a full sight of just how ethereal Osamu Dazai could look. He had his legs in a criss cross on the bench so he was leaning fowards with his head in his hands. His head was slightly back and his mouth was opened laughing. His hair looked soft, like a soft that i wanted to feel in my hands. It moved so easily in the wind it made me wonder what it really would be like to the touch. His eyes were reflecting the suns light in an almost perfect way. It made them look amber but also deep like a canyon. His eyes seems so light but also held weight I couldn't quite identify. Fuck he's hot. To bad he's kinda douchy.

"Shorty" he snapped. I blinked wondering how long I was wrapped up in my thoughts. I let my lips form a line as I nodded silently telling him to continue.

"I wanted to uh say sorry. Again. For getting you a detention. Then ditching you at detention letting you do all my work. Also for my shitty apology last time." his words sounded sincere.

"Oh and thank you. Really thanks for doing that for my friends. You really didn't have to help me to this extent. I'm sure it means a lot to my friends and uh it helped me out too." he seemed hesitant to mention that what I did benefited him. Almost like he was scared I would mention that I was only doing this for his friends again.

I laughed. "I already said it's fine. Next time you get me a detention just do my work for me. Then we're even."

Dazai smiled at me as he stood up seeing Q yelling about going home.

He looked scared for a minute before turning to me wordlessly. His eyes filled with worry. I bit my lip knowing I was gonna regret what I said next.

"I kind of want to get breakfast tomorrow before school and since you're the money man if you want you can stay over. Plus my moms not home till tomorrow afternoon and Q seems to like you. Really it's selfish but I don't wanna babysit him, cause he's really annoying." i felt kinda awkward saying it scared he'd decline making me embarrassed. But he looked relived. and nodded.

He stood up next to me, a good 7 inched taller and bumped his body towards mine smiling a genuine smile to me. I've always been entranced with eyes and the way they looked. But somehow this boy was making my favorite feature a crooked grin.