15

Chuuyas pov

"Hey guys! I thought you would be getting here sooner!"

It felt weird how moods can change so quickly. How the entire atmosphere can go from violent to loving. I guess people like Atsushi are to thank for that. Cause it's incredibly relieving.

I was grabbing the skates from out of my trunk when Atsushi came from around the house. He was with Tanizaki waving at Dazai who was standing outside of my passenger door.

I slammed the trunk shut putting both skates in my left hand walking up to Dazai and grabbing his wrist with my right.

"Everyones here except for you guys! It's too bad, you missed seeing Akutagawa skate over a rock. He ended up flying forwards and-" Atsushi paused while walking up to us, stopping in his tracks.

His eyes widened when he saw my face. "Jeez what happened to you?" he asked gesturing to my blood stained face.

I looked over at Dazai who was staring off to the side clearly ignoring the conversation.

"We fought." I said nudging Dazais hip.

Atsushi's eyes grew wider and his mouth hung slightly agape. "Wait. really?!" he whisper yelled glancing to Tanizaki who had a confused look on his face.

I scoffed laughing as I pushed past Atsushi gently dragging dazai behind me. "Pft. No."

~~~~~~~~~~

"We can leave y'know." I said plopping next to Dazai. Everyone had either been playing in the snow or skating around. But Dazai didn't move from a small bench facing the frozen lake. 

Dazai barely acknowledged me, only shifting over so I would have more room.

I sat next to him quietly for a while observing what was happening. I saw Ranpo skating circles around Poe who had a scared look on his face. And I saw Kyoka building a snow rabbit next to Gin and Tachihara who were rolling a big snowball. Akutagawa was adjusting Atsushi's hat while rambling angrily. And it was weird. To see this group of people who I just recently met in the past few months. Who I had unexpectedly gotten close to.

And I looked too Dazai. He had a scrape on his upper cheek. His chocolate eyes looked straight forward focusing on the walling of the house. His mouth formed a straight line. And his dark hair was messy and all over the place. I hated the expression on his face. All I saw was how broken he looked. I suppose that how he always felt. Broken.

I reached into my pocket after taking off my black gloves. I stood up in front of Dazai watching as he didn't move at all. He just stared right through me. Akutagawa had helped me clean up my face but Dazai wouldn't let anyone touch him.

"Dazai. Can I touch your face please?"

He hummed before meeting my eyes for the first time. "Please." was all he said.

I lifted my bare hand to his cheek, looking at the red scrape. His face was freezing and the cut on his face was getting dry. I narrowed my eyes keeping my hand cupped to his cheek for awhile.

I squeezed neosporin on my thumb before quickly swiping it off onto his cut. His expression didnt change. He just stared at me blankly. "Can I put a bandaid on it?"

He simply nodded his head before staring back at my hands. I made sure to gently put the bandage on his cheek. I wiped my hands on my pants before looking back to Dazai.

"Your fingers. They're warm." he whispered grabbing my hands and enveloping them before cupping them to his cheeks. I swallowed thickly gritting my teeth. I needed to talk to him. "I dont wanna be around all these people Chuuya." I stayed silent for a moment feeling the cold of his hands cover mine.

"Hm Dazai. I want hot chocolate. Lets go home."

He closed his eyes before nodding and standing up. Not letting go of my warm hands.

Okay i'm really sorry about how short and shitty this chapter is. Also for how long it took me to update. I've been working on trying to write it for awhile and it never comes out very good. Its very stressful because ive never had this much trouble writing a chapter before. I'm really hoping I'll get some better quality stuff out soon. Its hard being so disappointed in the way this came out so im sorry about the way this was written :(. On a happier note tysm for 1k reads! it really does mean a lot that people read this story and how so many of you support it. i lob everyone of you folks. okay thats all! <3