𝙒𝙖𝙞𝙩 𝙄'𝙢 𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙪𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙙

I will send out an army to find you
In the middle of the darkest night
It's true, I will rescue you

For the first time in weeks I woke up at the correct time. I turned on my phone to send streaks. When I was done someone I didnt want to see snapped me.

 When I was done someone I didnt want to see snapped me

As a reflex my phone fell out of my hand. I stared at it trying to wrap my head around what was happening. Once I picked it up she sent another.

I opened it and read it

I opened it and read it. "Saturday? She- she's coming to the performance" I mentally screamed. No no no this can't be happening. I mean I'm happy now with felissa. I let someone in after she left me.

The incident everyone continued to bring up... she was apart of it. She was the cause. A cause and effect that I have to live with for the rest of my life. If I let someone too far in they'd break things. Sacred things. My heart. My lungs. My mind. Everything. Everything I worked so hard to put back into place she was just going to destroy. I get so fragile around her. More like vulnerable. She was captivating and I was her favorite victim.

The way we'ed prance around our school as the power couple everyone knew us as was a high. Together it looked like the perfect puzzle...until you lose a piece and can't use the puzzle again. Until she'd taken the most important piece of my heart I was the puzzle. I was the perfect puzzle she loved to take apart just to rekindle. And I let her.

I let her use me as the toy I'd claim I would never become. I played every game. Supported every move. Hell I was the perfect girlfriend. Maybe too perfect. Maybe too willing to allow such a vile creature within the walls of my heart, my soul, my body. It was my fault.

Two simple pictures were the prime weapon to kill any joyful emotion within me. A murder scene in my head I covered with caution tape. My frown fell beneath my painted smile. The tear stains I forgot were there disappeared with the makeup. My shaking frame was dismissed with the white thrasher hoodie I threw on myself, along with the Nike tights I often paired with it. Absent mindedly I slipped my sock covered feet into my white forces. (Most of her thoughts were shower thoughts so she clean clean 🧼)