Chapter Twenty-Three.

Location: Paris, France.

             I wanted to take her to the Eiffel tower.

            One of the most romantic places in the entire world that I’ve ever been to I got to share with her in this moment and god it was perfect. It was truly perfect and as the city lights flashed in the night sky you’d think I’d be paying attention to that but the view was directly in front of me. The view was Sophia.

            “So beautiful.” She breathed out; leaning back into the chair she was currently seated in. “I can’t believe we’re having dinner up here.”

            It was tempting to take out the video camera and record this moment because it was a really good one but I think it’s going to ruin everything if I do. She looked so happy right now and the thing about Sophia that’s different from every other girl is that she has the power to break me. She has me in the palm of her hands and she could break my heart in the matter of seconds and in a way that scares me.

            Giving someone your heart is terrifying but I think when you give someone your heart again after they’ve already broken it is even more terrifying. To let someone back in after being hurt is almost like stabbing yourself then pulling out the knife only to shove it right back in. It hurts worse the second time but she knows that too. We’ve both been hurt and we’re both trying to let each other back in again and it can be hard at times but at the end of the day when she falls asleep right on my chest I know I’m not making a mistake. Home is wherever she is.

            “I wanted to take you here because it’s probably one of the most romantic places to be. It may not be Venice but it’s close.”

            “You could have taken me here without renting it out Justin. To tour this is one thing but to be up here alone is just…”

            She looked away from me.

            “I love you Sophia and I didn’t want the paparazzi getting in the way of this night or the tourists. You look so breath taking tonight. You honestly do Soph and that dress drives me crazy.”

            I was speaking the complete truth. The way that dress laid on her body was something else but it wasn’t just that. It was the way her hair was so long in complete ringlets and the way her lips were covered with red lipstick. Or maybe it was the way we walked out of our hotel together tonight on our first date in the public eye and I was finally able to wrap my arm around her waist and claim her again as mine.

            The pressure to be a perfect couple can be unreal at times and I know it bothers her more than it bothers me. She’s always worried about doing something wrong when the cameras are on her but she could never do any wrong in my eyes. Society expects us to be perfect but we’re just like everyone else. We make mistakes and we learn from them and going out in public again was a huge moment for us.

            “Yeah well you know suits on you drive me crazy so… the feeling’s mutual.”

            Her eyes scanned me up and down then as I tried to look as attractive as possible. I don’t know why I always get so nervous around her but I always did because I’m afraid I’ll mess up or say something wrong and then we’ll get into another fight for like the one hundredth time.

            Deciding to get rid of my nerves, I stood up from my chair and extended my hand out to her, causing her to give me a huge full-toothed grin. She probably thought because we finished dinner that we were going home but I wanted to spend a little more time with her up here. I wanted to talk some more because whenever we were alone we always seemed to get along better that way. When it was just she and I.