Chapter Four.

Chapter Four: 

           A long week of gruesome work that consisted of reading over stories that didn’t make sense and writing that had the worst grammar I’ve ever seen have come across my eyes more times than I can count and finally Katherine and I had the weekend to ourselves to do whatever we pleased.

            You’d think two twenty-one years olds would have better things to do on a Saturday but unfortunately all I had planned today was have lunch with her. We wanted to go shopping today and we did, but the only thing I got were some new books to read. Call me a loser, but that’s how I wanted to spend my Saturday. I just wanted to curl up with a blanket and read by the window that overlooked the city until Ben got out of work.

            “I have to tell you something.” I decided to say.

            Her blue eyes perked up from the sandwich she was currently engrossed in and waited for me to speak. I wanted to tell her what really happened on the phone with Lorena because I know she’d probably find out eventually so now seemed like a better option than later.

            “My attorney called and told me that Justin refused to sign the papers.”

            “You’ve got to be shitting me!” She replied excitedly, practically jumping up and down in her seat. “He’s so still in love with you. You can’t tell me he isn’t.”

            “Well whether he is or not I don’t care. I’m really happy with Ben and that’s that. I just thought I’d tell you because I didn’t exactly want to hide it.”

            I knew that what I had just said was a lie but I didn’t want her to get her hopes up that Justin and I would be together again. Maybe he was just busy and would sign them later although my heart knows that isn’t the truth. I know he’s still in love with me and a part of me is in love with him too but like I said before, all of these feelings are hard for me to handle and Ben really was making me happy. He certainly didn’t make me cry the many times Justin has before, that’s for sure.

            She let out a whistle before looking back up at me and almost had a look of sympathy in her eyes. “You’re telling me you aren’t still in love with him?”    

            “I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t. I’m just saying that time has healed a lot for me and I’m in no way going to run right back into his arms again and re-open the wounds that have already been stitched. It won’t do any good for myself. All it will do is rekindle a flame that has already burned out.”

            “I have an idea.” She suddenly said.

            “Katherine I swear if it has anything to do with-“

            “Let’s go to a club tonight. Vault, the one that opened like three months ago uptown. You obviously need to get your mind off of things and I think this would be a great way to let go. You can get wasted, make out with Ben, and maybe even get a little more afterwards.”

            I inwardly wanted to groan but instead I shoved my mouth with another bite of fries and tapped my fingers rapidly on the table to try and think if this was something I really wanted to do. I honestly wanted to go read some more books or something, not go out tonight. The whole nightclub scene wasn’t really my thing.

            “I’m not really a clubbing person. It’s not really my idea of fun.”

            “Oh c’mon!” She pleaded. “Once you down a couple of shots you’ll start to loosen up I swear and plus, I just happen to know the bouncer so I’m almost positive we’ll get special treatment.”