Chapter Six.

Chapter Six: 

             “Hey, sorry it took me so long. The line was crazy in there.”

             My eyes widened when I saw Ben in front of me and whirled around to try and figure out who was just behind me. I couldn’t see anyone in the crowd; all I could see was a pair of stumbling girls making their way to the bathroom and more couples grinding against each other like bloodthirsty animals. I don’t know if it’s just because I’m drunk and I can’t think straight but I know someone was just behind me because I could feel the small hickey I had just received burning endlessly on my neck.

            “Are you okay?” Ben asked.

            I don’t know if I was okay. Partly because me, and whoever the person dancing behind me was, were dancing so perfectly it was almost like Cinderella except he didn’t leave anything behind. Ben wasn’t as good as a dancer as that person so I should have pieced two and two together when it was happening but my mind wasn’t in the right state right now.

            “Someone was just dancing with me.” I said in disbelief. “I uh, thought it was you but it wasn’t.”

            Ben looked behind me to try and see if he could see anyone but he looked back at me instead and just kind of stared at me as if I were insane. I assume he thinks I’m drunk or something, which I am, but I’m not drunk enough to imagine something like that. I know someone’s hands were just on me a couple of seconds ago.

            “Let’s go sit down for a second.” He muttered and grabbed onto my hand so he could lead me off of the dance floor.

            “Ben I’m not crazy.” I said once we were back at our booth. “I swear I’m not.”

            As I stumbled into the booth after Ben I noticed Katherine staring at me with a smug look on her face. I don’t know if it’s because I’m drunk or if it’s because I’m with Ben but I assumed she was ready to go by her expression.

            “What?” I asked when she continued to smile at me.

            “Oh nothing…” She trailed off, examining her fingertips. “I’ll tell you in the morning.”
            “Tell me what?”

            My head was overwhelmed with thoughts that couldn’t form from the alcohol I had consumed and at this point I was starting to get nauseous from everything that just happened. I think I’ve reached my last straw for the night.

            “That you were dancing with Justin.”

            As soon as I heard her I didn’t believe a word she just said until I started to remember from a couple of seconds ago out on that dance floor. The way his hands felt against my body, the way he left a mark where he knew was my weakest. Was he really here? In New York City?

            “Ben I swear I didn’t know.” Was the only thing I could think of to say. When I looked over to him to see his reaction his jaw was clenched and he just let out a sigh of frustration. I didn’t want to hurt him so I’m hoping he would understand that I truly didn’t know. I mean, he saw how confused I was. If I had known it was Justin I would have stopped dancing with him immediately.

I think.

            “He’s staring at us.” He said lowly, his tone of voice beyond infuriated. “Two booths over on the right.”

            I brought my eyes up to scan the different tables but it wasn’t hard to find him because I’d know his eyes anywhere. He was seated with two boys I’ve never seen before, along with two strippers it seemed like but the strippers weren’t with him, they were with the boys. His arms were wrapped around the booth and he was shirtless, his eyes finding mine almost immediately. When they did I lost my breath for a good five seconds from how grown up he looked even though it’s only been a year. The way he kept licking his lips was driving me insane and the way he casually brushed his jawline and raised his eyebrows at me when I kept staring made me want to attack him. Not out of anger but out of lust. I think that’s just the alcohol talking though.