Perfectly Matched - Dramione

On a fateful mission gone wrong, Auror Draco Malfoy gets mauled by a werewolf in an attempt to save his partner's life. When they rush him into St. Mungo's, the only healer Harry Potter will trust near his partner is his best friend, Hermione Granger, the head of the Trauma Ward. Little did they realize, healing Draco Malfoy would not be the difficult part of her job. When he regains consciousness, Draco's impulses are frayed and his instincts keep pushing him towards Granger, the one friend from Potter's crew he'd always kept at a distance. But now his heightened senses won't allow him to escape her and his new and volatile wolf has decided she's his perfect match.

--------------------------------

Summary:

About six years after the second wizarding war, many things in the lives of our favorite characters have changed. After Draco Malfoy was cleared of any charges, he became an Auror for the ministry and his partner/new best friend is Harry Potter. Malfoy has become close to everyone except Hermione, why has he kept his distance all these years? The answer comes out after he is attacked by a werewolf on a mission. Hermione is a healer at St. Mungo's (which is such a perfect job for her) and must care for Malfoy while he adjusts to having a new wolf personality in his body. I was expecting this story to be a Dramione/Warewolf smut story, but I assure you, it is not. There is some mature content, but the scenes are labeled, there are warnings. The author's commentary before and after chapters is very entertaining and makes you feel included in the story. The story has a conflict that I will not spoil, but it is really compelling and exciting. There are cool magic moments that the author was really creative with. There also some character building for Katie Bell, and Theodore Nott, which is really cool to have in-depth backstories for them. I loved this story, and I highly recommend it to anyone. I love the post-war young adult time period it is set in, and Draco's character arch/redemption is perfect.

Note: 

I am thinking about writing a Dramione Fanfic. I have already written two chapters, and I have a story idea. But, I am not sure if anyone would care enough to read it. I think the story would revolve around Hermione's experiences during 6th year. I always thought she seems really neglected during that year, with Harry being so busy, and Ron is dating Lavender, she is rather alone. I feel like through some unique situations Draco and Hermione could relate to each other and really connect with their struggles. I think I would like to focus on how unfair their situations are, and how they are under extreme pressure for only being 16. There is no way I could have handled their situations when I was 16, and definitely not alone. I think they could forge a relationship and it be really realistic for their characters. Anyway, let me know what you guys think! I would love to know if anyone is interested in this story, or if anyone has any thoughts on it. Any advice is appreciated! Thank you!

This chapter is dedicated to the author.

Author: adharyn

If you have read this, let others know what you think in the comments.