Chapter 29

Chapter 29:
Spoiler alert: ITS A CHRISTMAS SPECIAL!!!
This chapter is dedicated to: ema_is_me Thanks for reading!! And supporting me:)
Alex POV

I watch her as she climbs up the ladder to hang an ornament at the top of the Christmas tree. Gosh she is perfect from every angle! Nettie, Brian, Amber and I are decorating the nurses Christmas tree, dancing to Christmas music, drinking egg nog, and talking.
I grab Amber by the waist helping her down from the ladder. When she jumps down I turn her so she is facing me. She wraps her arms around my neck, closing the gap between us. I give her a gentle peck on her lips, letting my lips linger there for a second. She lays her head on my shoulder and we swayed back and forth to the beat of "white Christmas".
"I love you Amber," I whisper in her ear. Ever since we first said it, we take every moment to say those two powerfully beautiful words.
"I love you too," she says, snuggling her nose into the nape of my neck, it was perfect.
"Amber will you do the honors of putting on the angel?" Brian asks completely interrupting our moment.
"Only if Alex will help," she pulls away grinning. We already put up a tree in the dinning room, with Abby. But this was way better! We could be our selves here.
"Ok," I agreed. She climbed up the ladder to the 2nd step from the top. I followed staying one step behind her, then carefully put my hands ontop of hers holding the angel. Together we put on the angel.
-.-.-.-.-
For Christmas every year, the boss gives use a budget to buy gifts for everyone, and I have the perfect gift for Amber! For Abby I got her a new pair of headphones, Nettie a new pair of earrings, for brain a new set of baseball cards and for Amber's fake gift a stuff bear. It was small enough to not be suspicious, but I'm gonna spray a bit of my cologne on it, so it's romantic enough as a starter gift.
But that not all! Of course I have to get something a little more special for the girl that means the world to me.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
I waited nervously on the hospital bed for Amber. I was so nervous, what if she hated my gift. No she is gonna love it. I kept reassuring my self. I don't know what I would do if she hated it. Probably die.
I heard the door crack open. I look over to see Amber walking in. She was wearing black and white patterned leggings, a red sweater, and black Uggs. Her hair was curled to perfection with a red bow headband. In her hands, she was carrying a small envelope.
"Hey," I said as I stood up to greet her. I walked over and gave her a hug.
"Hey!" She smiled back. She handed me a small envolope, "This is for you." I reach over and handed her my present.
"For my fair lady," I bowed jokingly. She laughed her checks turning red.
"You first," I insisted. She nodded and began to carefully unwrap the present.
When it was unwrapped. Her jaw dropped, and her hand flew over her mouth. Tears began to well up in her eyes. I got up and wrapped my arms around her, pulling her into me. There in her hands was a small frame with a picture of her mom and brother.
"I know it's not much, but I figured you could keep it in here. You know, so no one would know you had it.." She stopped my rambling by giving me a kiss.
"It's perfect, thank you," she smiled," it's your turn." She said pushing the envelope into my lap. I opened it. There was a card, and a small slip of paper.
"It's a nurses pass, so one day you can get out of work and spend the whole day with me," her grin grew bigger. I picked her off the bed and gave her a kiss. Not just any kiss, a kiss to tell her everything I wanted to. How much I loved her, how much I needed her, and how thankful I am for her.
"Merry Christmas Alex," she smiled

Hey guys!!!!! So merry early Christmas!!! I was most definitely inspired by:ema_is_me and Christmas music to write this chapter so I hope you loved it cause I did... Haha so anyways you know the drill like comment follow!! Love you all!! And merry Christmas😘🎄🎅