Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

Even though it was only 6 o'clock in the morning the humidity was stickier then ever!! I felt like I just got out of a pool, and I've only been running for 5 minutes!! But I kept on going if I wanted to make varsity as only a freshman I had to be good and in shape!! As I continued to run I could feel my muscles starting to ache. So I ran harder. That was the only way to get rid of the pain.

----------------------------------------------

I've been running for 20 minutes now. I looked around at the scenery passing by. It was very brown! Not a sign of green anywhere. The bushes looked almost dead, and there were cactuses everywhere. I ran along with nothing but a road and desert that stretched for miles and miles on end. I was only 1/4 of a mile away from the turning point when this dark car came by. The windows were tinted almost black, so I couldn't see inside. The car it's self was pitch black with not a single scratch or dent to be seen. Wow, not a bad ride. Probably a government car. As it got closer it started to slow down. Or they could be lost that happens a lot I don't know why anyone would want to be around here.

The little town of Amherst,Texas isn't even on a map! I have know clue why anyone should want to stop by our little town in the middle of a desert. Or visit with family in a town of under 1000. Makes no sense! There's nothing to do!!

The car continued to get closer. But I just ignored it and kept running. Finally, a white man, with scrunchy brown hair, a long gray spotted beard and a crocked smile stuck his head out the window." Excuse me miss! Can you help me for quick second? My friend and I seem to be lost!" He explained to me. I rely didn't want to help them not right now but the car kept driving next me almost exactly to my pace." The town is about 4 miles south," I said still running," they can help you there." That obviously was not the answer the man was looking for you could tell on his smug face. " Miss please if you could just stop for a moment and point out where we are on a map we will be on our way," he said in a heavy southern accent, "Besides, you could probably use a quick rest you must be tiered from all the running your doing!" He flashed me his crocked smile. Grrr why won't they just go away!! "Fine whatever just make it quick!" I growled. As I stopped so did the car. The man jumped out of the car with a map and held it up to where I could see. I pointed to our little town and the general direction he needed to go. Then, I felt something grab my shoulders. Without any notice at all the man jumped on me and tied my hands behind my back. I screamed even though I knew it was no help. No one was around for about four miles. The man then looked at me with a wicked smile."Nighty night" were the last things I heard before it all went black.....