Chapter 23

Chapter 23:
Alex's POV
"Amber listen to me!" I stressed. Talking to her sometimes can be impossible! Her mind jumping to one idea to the next. "if we are gonna get you out of here we...." She cut me off before I could finish.
"If WE are gonna get out of here!" She corrected me. She hates it when I only mention her, but I have to think about every possibility. If something goes wrong she is my first priority to get out of here. Even if that means that I stay behind.
"Fine if we want to get out of here, you are gonna have to engage in the "family's" normal life. That means not running out of dinners, leaving your room more often, and school." I looked her in the eyes she was giving me her famous "puppy dog eyes". Her eyes as big as saucers, the corners of her mouth pointing to the ground.
"Babe, you know that never works on me" I told her, trying to avoid her wide sea green eyes.
"It worked last time you tried to convince me to go to your stupid family dinner," she pointed out. I blushed. There was no denying it. The sparkle in her eyes get me almost every time. But not this time! Nope this time we won't get out of it.
"Please Amber! Understand that now we are under his radar! If you don't start acting like you like it here, our plan will never work," I explained. Sliding my arm around her shoulders pulling her closer to me. She looked away then back at me.
"Fine! I'll do it," she said. I kissed her on her forehead. "But.." She slowly slid away from my grasp so she could look at me. "You did say we are both on their radar... What are you gonna do?"
I sighed. "I'm gonna go talk to the boss.." I cringed just thinking about it. Her devious smile disappeared. "It's not your fault." I began to explain.
"I know!" She stood up and smiled. "But if you ever want to meet, you know the code," she winked.
Ahh yes the "code". It is our way of saying we need to go to Dr.Mannys
Office, our only safe place. One of us will walk by the other and "accidentally" brush their hand against the other person, then nod. It seams to work quite well.
"Now if you want me to be more involved and go to family meals, we are gonna have to leave" her hand on her hips, and a mysterious look gleaming in her eyes.
"Fine we ca..." Before I could even finish my sentence she kissed me on the cheek than ran for the door. "Hey!" I yelled at her. I sprinted after her jumping over all the hospital beds, quickly gaining on her.
She turned to see where I was and right then I tackled her to the ground. "No fair your bigger than me," she complained. I just laughed. "Get off of me you big lard," Amber teased me.
"Never!" I yelled childishly. She tried to push me away. So I leaned down and kissed her. The sweet taste of her lips against mine. I pulled away and got up. Then helped her off the ground. When I turned around she jumped on to my back.
"I win" her warm breath tickled my ear.
"Are you sure?" I challenged. As she jumped off my back I turned around and wrapped my arms around her waist before she could take off. " I believe I win" I smirked. I turned her around so she could face me. Right as I started to lean in to kiss her, someone cleared their throat. We both jumped about 5 feet away from each other. Five million thoughts going through my head. What if that was one of the others? Or the boss??
I turned around to only find Dr.Manny. "Neither of you are gonna win if you two miss dinner tonight," she smirked.

Awww! Anyways so I'm sorry for not updating my life has been a tornado of craziness!!!! So I'm sorry and I will try harder!!! I love you all😘