Chapter 35

This chapter is dedicated to....... biancamarie95!!! Thanks for your support!! Now back to the book:
Chapter 35:
Everything went it too slow motion. Bullets flying back and forth, and then Nettie is on the ground. At first I froze not sure what to do, then my instincts kicked in. I bent down next to her to get a closer look.
Her hands gripped over her thigh, blood seeping through the cracks between her fingers. She let out a scream. I immediately grabbed her around her waist and hoisted her up.
"Get her out of here!" Alex yelled, "We won't be far behind!" I froze. I don't want to leave him! I can't leave Alex! "Go!" He yelled at me waving me away.
I helped Nettie down the hallway till we rounded a corner then I helped her sit down, and tore off a piece of my sleeve around her leg tohelp stop the bleeding. She moaned as I tightened the tie.
"You go I'm just dead weight," she tried to wave me off. I couldn't leave her. Her were hands gripped around her thigh, her face scrunched up in pain.
"No I'm not leaving you!!" I said as I pushed the thought away. A small fragile smile appeared on her face. "Now come on we're almost there!" I grabbed her waist helping her up and we hurried off to the exit.
The gun fire echoed through the hall as we hurried away. Then a few secondslater the gun fired stopped. Silence for a few seconds. We paused to listen. Then there were footsteps running towards us.
Did the guards win? Did they kill everyone? Did they kill Alex? My heart stopped at the thought. I couldn't find the strength to get away, and the footsteps kept getting closer.
Then around the corner I saw Brain flying our way. "Come on let's go!" He picked up Nettie as we continued to run down the hall. Then I felt someone's hand on the small of my back I nearly jumped as I turned around to see Alex his gun in one hand, and his other around me.
We ran right and left as the memories came flooding back: the dark room, the small amounts of food, Abbie's teasing, more clothes than I know what to do with. It's crazy that for 6 months this was all I knew and now I can go home, and see my mom and Blake.
"That's the final door up head," Alex shouts the most amazing smile stretches across his face, "Then we are home free!" I let out a little yelp of excitement, everyone hollering.
Right before we got to the door the boss stepped out from one of the side hallways right in front of the door. I froze right in my place, he was holding a shotgun in his arms blocking our exit.
"No one leaves," he gritted through his teeth. Everyone stiffened, Alex put a protective arm around my shoulders.
"We all have guns, your one little shotgun won't stop us!" Brian took charge of the group, stepping out in front.
"You wouldn't shoot the one who protected, and provided for you, would you?" He laughed. Then something took over me, before I could figure out what was happening I stepped in front of the group, shaking Alex's hand off my shoulder, everyone's eyes on me.
"They might not," I said raising my small hand gun, the power running through my veins,"but I will." Right as I said it my finger stiffened around the trigger shooting him in the knee cap.
He collapsed to the ground holding his knee, screaming in pain. Alex comes up behind me, wrapping his hand around mine, pulling me out the door of this large prison.
It felt like hours, as we ran out into the sunshine. My pale skin glowing in the sunlight. Ahead waited several squad cars with officers pointing guns toward the building, fire trucks and an ambulance.
As we ran up the officers lowered their guns and began to storm into the building. Several medical technicians ran over and brought us to the ambulance to check our medical condition, as they did an officer went around asking each of us several questions. Alex never left my side, and flinched every time the male nurse touched me.
When the officer and done with Alex and I he wrapped his arms around my waist lifting me up and spinning me around. When he set me back on the ground he kissed me, and whispered into my ear,"I love you,and I'm so proud of you."

Hey guys!! First I apologize for taking forever!!! I've been so busy, and sick I wish I could remember what sleep, and health is! Anyways final chapter yay!!!!! Stay tuned for some updates and more!!! Love you all!!!!
Love
Me