The Desert Kidnapping

The desert storm:

Chapter 1:

BEEP BEEP BEEP! "Amber turn off that alarm!!" My mom yells. I have no clue why she makes me use that stupid thing! It never works! I always wake up to her yelling at me to turn it off.

So this is how my first day off summer starts. The same way school does, with an alarm! Though this day feels different. I look around my dark room. The pale blue and bright red walls glowing in the dark. I've always hated the colors but my mom insisted it was a waste of money to repaint perfectly fine walls. As I slowly sit up, every muscle in my body resisting the urge to lay back down I could smell breakfast. The sweet sticky smell of bacon and syrup pulling me to the kitchen.

"Morning sleeping ugly!" My brother snorted. His eye brows raised, looking at me with a very stuck-up expression."Blake be nice to your sister!!" My mom demanded. "Ya Blake build up don't tear down," I winked at him. He just glared in return. I poured my favorite breakfast cereal , Lucky Charms, breakfast of champions! "Any big plans today Amber?" My mom asked as she got packed her lunch for work." Well I'm going running to train for volleyball season! Then I'm swim to cool down, eat some food, and then I will go back to sleep," I said trying to talk and eat at the same time. "Some food? You eat like a starving pig!" Blake teased. "Shut up Blake!" I yelled back. Goodness for a little 7th grader he sure is judge-mental. "Well you to try not to tear each other apart while I'm gone! Love you guys! I'll be home in six hours be good!" My mom exclaimed as she walked out the door.

I finished my food then changed into my favorite teal running tee, my black Soffes, and purple and green Nike Run Free running shoes. I bid my brother good bye, and walked out the door for my run.