Chapter 46

Chelsea POV

"I look and feel like I belong in a circus" Marshall sulked, tugging at his collar "I look like a fucking penguin"

"As long as it's not a giraffe right?"

He glared at me.

"You don't have to come if you're uncomfortable"

"And let you go to a wedding alone Full of hungry single men on the prowl? With you dressed like THAT? Hell fucking no"

I laughed out loud and struck a pose.

"Oh this old thing? It's barely a potato sack"

"It's about to be ripped off if we don't leave soon" Marshall snorted "Also, I haven't been to many weddings, but I'm almost certain it's like rude to look better then the bride or something"

"You don't know that"

"Um, I have been married before remember? It's like unspoken wedding guest law, along with wearing white"

"I don't look better then the bride" I chuckled "I've been married before too and I never heard of that"

"You look like fucking Beyoncé, what you mean you don't look better then the damn bride?"

"If you knew Tonya, you'd understand why I'm not going to look better then the bride"

"You look like a fucking Oscar"

"You would know"

"I would actually" Marshall smirked proudly "I have one"

There was a knock on the door, Marshall opened it to see Sam on the other side.

"Boss you ready to go? I have Tee and Denaun waiting in the car" Sam said then gave Marshall a smirk "Nice suit"

"Man shut your mouth, get the fuck in the car" Marshall huffed at a laughing Sam, as I grabbed my purse and followed him out the door.

He did look damn good in a suit though.

He reached the car as Sam opened it to let us in and we climbed in the back, greeting Tee and Denaun.

"Oh Damn Marshall in a suit? He looking like the godfather up in here"

"Shut up Tee"

"He's uncomfortable" I grinned.

"Don't take it out on us fool, you should think yourself lucky with that fine woman on your arm, you about to step into our world boo"

"Great"

I nudged him and turned back to Tee.

Denaun sat there smirking at Marshall.

"What are you starting at?"

"Why you gotta be a hater for and assume I'm about to say something"

"Because I know you, and you are"

Denaun laughed out loud.

"Few rules" Marshall said turning to me "No chicken dance and try make sure not too many people take pictures"

"Tonya is on to it, she's going to kick out anyone that harasses you"

Marshall actively relaxed "You sure she don't mind? I'd hate to take the focus off her"

"She's cool, don't worry" I smiled at him with a wink "Plus she's a fan so just take a picture with her and Chris and they'll be happy, Eminem in your wedding photos? That's a win"

—————————————————————

We walked into the beautifully decorated reception, still the glitzy theme that was Tonya.

"Okay I get what you mean" Marshall Mumbled looking around "This makes my bank account hurt and I didn't even pay for it"

"Yeah Tonya always been the little bit extra" Tee said quietly as one of the ushers directed us to our table "Okay a lot"

"At least my nameplate says Marshall"

"I was gonna ask her to have Slim Shady and watch you flip out but then I chickened our" I giggled sitting down next to Marshall who leaned in trying to avoid the eyes on him.

The wedding itself was fine because we sat at the back so we didn't distract anyone but now people were walking past pointing and whispering.

"Let's hope they get a decent pic of me with my hot girlfriend"

I smiled at him and looked around "Oh yeah, where is she? I though you came with me tonight"

He laughed, I was trying to make him as comfortable as I could knowing he didn't really like the focus on him.

Which I found weird since he was a rap star.

"So y'all feeling all the love yet?" Tee smirked.

"I can't see past this goddamned dress" Marshall said pawing at my dress, I smacked him away "If I tell you I love you will you follow me to the bathroom"

"Not the way it's meant to be said" I laughed at him "Nice try though"

Marshall shrugged "I mean, I guess I love you"

One of the the guests must have been listening because she pulled a disgusted face at Marshall.

"Do you mind?" Tee said "They're joking around, mind your business"

"I guess I love you too, sometimes" I said with a wink and a laugh leaning in and giving him a kiss.

Tee and Denaun were use to it, from the beginning nothing about Marshall and my relationship was normal, behind closed door is was different but in public it was played off more.

We liked to have fun I guess, we didn't want to be super serious about everyone, it was great because Marshall wasn't like that anyways.

We'd started The I love you train about a month ago now and it's been pretty bliss, besides the butterflies I still got, yes even at my age, we were both less awkward and giddy, in public it may not seem like a lot, I mean Marshall's normally all over me anyways.

The living arrangements were great too, my house sold and it seemed Chad had back off since his beat down and disappeared again, not that I escaped fully though, I was still getting love/hate mail sent to our house.

He was still pretty persistent.

I looked at Marshall who was joking with Tee and Denaun, complete ignoring the stares of the other guests as they were arriving at their tables, hand on my thigh, gently stroking my skin.

He was certainly amazing, it meant so much to me that he stepped out of his comfort zone and came to this wedding with me.

"Chelsea, Tee!" I heard Tonya's voice coming from behind us "I'm so glad you made it! gonna introduce me to your men?"

I smiled as I turned around, Marshall standing up beside me.

"Tonya, this is my boyfriend Marshall, Marshall this is my longtime friend Tonya and her husband Chris"