Chapter 21

Chelsea's POV

I always felt weirded out when Marshall left me alone at his house, I mean don't get me wrong it was beautiful and I was more then comfortable there, when he was around that is, but when he left me alone there I felt... out of place.

I sat in his theatre flipping through Netflix trying to settle on a movie while I waited for him to come back.

He had to run to the studio and sign some paperwork.

He'd told me to make myself at home and help myself to anything in the lavish kitchen.

I could die at the size of this house, it hits me every time, his house is like 10 of mine alone.

But somehow being alone in that big old house was lonely as hell and my heart started to ache for Marshall, he spent years alone in it.

We normally spent time at my house, Marshall would always just show up there, he liked my house which was really odd coming from an international superstar, but then Marshall was just Marshall, if it wasn't for this house and his flashy cars, he was a very generous and humble man that struggled to take a damn compliment.

I was yanked out of my thoughts by a noise of the front door echoing through the house.

For a moment I thought it might have just been Marshall, but when he didn't announce or appear he was there I got worried.

I froze on the couch begging it wasn't an intruder, which was silly of me because the man literally has security guards at his gates.

I looked up to greet a smiling dirty blonde  and a brunette standing in the theatre entryway.

"Hi! How have you been!? I haven't seen you around and Dads been elusive as always" Hailie greeted, as they gracefully took a seat on the couch next to me.

"I'm great thanks, he's just run down to the studio, he'll be back soon"

"We dropped by to catch up with him, he failed to mention you were gonna be here" Alaina said with a sly look.

"It was a last minute decision we normally hang at mine"

"We know" they said together and then looked at each other then laughed.

"I'm glad he's still seeing you... I'm not sure if you guys have a title yet but he's been much happier" Hailie smiled at me and then twisted her face in disgust "I don't even think he's still getting booty calls from that disgusting Crystal"

I didn't know what to say, these girls were smart, Marshall sure thought he had the wool over their eyes, but he was wrong.

"He thinks you guys don't know huh" I chuckled.

"Dads always been secretive like that but we always find out, or mom tells us what she knows, we only want what's best for him, lord knows our father is high maintenance" Hailie laughed shaking her head "His hearts in the right place but he can sure be stupid for the smart man that he is"

"We emphasis on stupid because whatever he's dancing around with you, he wasting time fighting with his feelings in his own head when he could just be happy WITH with you"

"That's sure sweet girls, and I'm honoured  you feel that way, but it's not just him, we both have things we need to figure out within ourselves"

The girls both grinned at me.

"God, she's so damn intelligent Hai, how did dad end up with her as a... friend" Alaina smiled.

"We really like you, we hope you stick around, please just be patient with him" Hailie smiled.

"As long as he's willing to be equally patient with me"

"Please, I've NEVER seen him so patient, in my life then I have seen him in these last few months since meeting you"

I looked at Marshall's daughters, they were sweet young women, hopeful and only wishing their unlucky in love fathers happiness.

I wasn't sure if I'd ever feel that way again.

I'm not even sure if it's possible I could after the state my first husband left me in.

Marshall and I had a silent agreement of sorts.

What we were doing was unorthodox but it worked for us.

We enjoyed each other's company, I'd be lying if I said I didn't care for the man because I cared for him so much.

Over the last three months we had developed a deep bond.

I trusted him and I think that was the problem, I'd never put my trust in a mans hands before.

Sexually we were like fire, if there was a more compatible set of people, it was us, hell I'm pretty sure we would burst into flames sometimes it was so hot.

"So are you and dad planning to hide away the whole weekend? Or can we all have dinner together?" Alaina said bringing me out of my own thoughts.

"You better ask you dad that one"

"He said you have a son? That's so great, how old is he?"

"He just turned 22" Chelsea smiles talking about Hunter "He almost passed out when he first met your dad"

Hailie giggled and rolled her eyes "He has that affect on people I've noticed"

"Yeah, But they get along great"

"It happens when you grow up with a household of women" Alaina laughed "Hes probably bonding with him in ways he couldn't with us"

"I wouldn't know, their conversations are secretive" Chelsea said as she heard the front door open and close again and Marshall yelling out that he was back.

He strolled casually into the room and froze.

"Hai, Laney, what are you doing here?"

"Thought we'd drop in since you're hardly ever home and shacked up with Chelsea"
Hailie said with the same mischievous smile her fathers often displayed.

"I know, sorry girls just been busy that's all, I'll make it up to you"

"We're pulling your leg dad, we're glad you're spending time with your lady friend"

"I told you to call before dropping in"

"We had no time to call"

Marshall rolled his eyes at his daughters and gave me a small smile and gave them both a hug.

"Dinner tonight? All of us!"

"Sure, we'll order in, is that cool?"
Marshall said pulling his phone out ready to dial the number.

"Anything's fine dad, I'll just call mom to come and bring Whit"

I'm sorry did she just say call mom to come?

As in call Kimberly Mathers, ex wife because she is coming to dinner?

My mind started to race faster, Marshall must have sensed my body tense because he put his hand on my thigh.

What is even happening right now?