Chapter 13

Marshall's POV

"He said that?"

"Yeah man like it actually matters, she ain't gonna go back to him, I heard him on the phone, she hasn't spoken to him in a week, after this weekend I don't think things are looking up, but then he's treated her like trash over a year and she's still with him"

Dre looked at me with a concerned look "Man I hope you know what you're doing, seems like an awful lot of trouble"

"We're friends, it's not trouble"

"I keep hearing this friends word you throwing around Marshall, what ya gonna do when she does cave or break of off with her man, coz you ain't the dating kind"

"I don't know yet" I shrugged, it wasn't a lie, I didn't know "Keep being friends I guess, see what happens"

"Sure Marshall, you and me both know what you're like once you get attached to a woman, if it's good it's great, if it's bad it's awful"

"Yeah I know" I said as we both looked at Chelsea, chatting to Nicole and some of the other guys wives and girlfriends.

"Come on Marshall, you aren't trying to tell me that this extravagant gesture isn't just so you can get her to leave her man and just remain friends"

"I've done more for less"

Dre laughed "This is true, this is one hell of a way to do it though"

I just shrugged and took a drink of my red bull.

Everyone's still reading into this too much.

We are friends, good friends.

I see a woman that deserves respect and protection, I've gotten to know Chelsea and she has those rare traits that most woman lack.

Kind, passionate, selfless and a smile that light up a room and everyone in it.

She doesn't ask for anything.

Ever.

Hell every time we eat together she insists and pays for me.

Chad's a fucking moron that he does see that she's a rare catch.

But then I know their relationship is unconventional.

Not once in my life have I come across a woman like her.

She also gets me which is rare, a lot of people don't understand the inner workings of the mind of Marshall Mathers, I'd even go as far of saying she knows how to read me, see through the stone cold facade and the bullshit I put up to protect myself.

That's a dangerous talent to possess in itself.

I look up over to her again but this time she's looking at me with a smile, I raise my drink to her.

"Man you're out your mind" Dre said interrupting my zone out "You're crazy if you're gonna let her just be your friend"

I just shrugged again, if be lying if I haven't fantasied about her, hell she knows I'm sure.

Hailie and the girls are always harping on about shit too.

Everyone is.

"I'm gonna do the rounds again" I said and dabbed Dre's fist "I'll catch up with you later"

—————————————————————

"So how's it going?" I said dropping my arm around Chelsea's shoulders.

"This is amazing Marshall"

"Don't give him a bigger head then he already has" Nicole laughed giving me a knowing look.