chapter forty five: end of unconditionally

"Are you ready to go, my fair m- OUCH! Naruto, Katsu! Watch out!" yells Itachi as he's barrelled over by two of his sons. They're almost exact replicas of their father, if not for the fact that they don't have as heavily visible tear troughs as he does. You snort as you walk out into the foyer with your two remaining children, Inazuma and Miyuki, holding on to the hem of your shirt. Itachi grabs his two hyper-active sons by their collars and looks up at you, frowning.

"Dad dad dad dad is uncle Sasuke coming over today huh huh huh?!" squeal the twins Naruto and Katsu as they bounce up and down under their father's grip.

"Ugh, yes, now can you two stop being annoying? You know how cranky your mother gets when she's pregnant," scowls Itachi, making you stifle a snort. If anything, he seemed to be the hormonal pregnant one here. You'd simply learned to accept your childrens' behaviour as soon as they reached their terrible twos. Itachi? Not so much.

"Itachi, don't t-"

Your words are cut off as you hear the door behind Itachi and your younger sons open, and two all too familiar figures are guided in by Miyako.

"[Name]-sama! They're here!" chirps the grey eyed beauty, leading in the blonde Uzumaki and the raven haired younger Uchiha. You beam as you approach them, Inazuma and Miyuki following suit as they cling on to your clothes.

"Naruto! Sasuke!" you exclaim, throwing your arms around both of them as soon as they're within reach.

"[Name]! Another one already, huh?" exclaims Naruto as he's crushed by the pressure of your bear hug. You beam yet again and release the two, putting a hand over your swollen belly.

"A boy," you nod, letting your gaze meet the eyes of the younger Uchiha. "Sasuke."

There's no words to describe the look that the two of you share in that moment, but whatever it is, it's heartfelt and meaningful, ending in a light nod from said Uchiha.

"Sasuke," says the namesake, grinning a little.

"Itachi and I were just about to head out for the last scan before he's due," you smile, as Naruto breaks away from the conversation to go help Itachi wrangle together his children. Inazuma and Miyuki follow him, leaving you and the raven haired boy alone to speak.

"It's been a long time, [Name]," says Sasuke lightly, stepping forward and closing the gap between you. You nod at your best friend. Three years is a long time; hopefully now, you wouldn't have to wait as long to see him again.

"It has indeed," you chirp, nodding ever so slightly. Sasuke grins and puts a hand behind his head, awkwardly smiling. He looks like he's struggling to say something, then decides against it and quits altogether.

"What's up?" you inquire, frowning and crossing your arms. Sasuke shakes his head.

"It's nothing," he insists, waving you away. You scowl and stomp your foot aggressively.

"Sasuke Uchiha, there's something wrong, and I am not going to leave you alone until you tell me!" you demand almost childishly, making Sasuke grin.

"Well... I didn't think it was possible, [Name], but you've grown far more beautiful than when I last saw you," he says softly, a loving look in his eye. You smirk and lean on one leg, raising an eyebrow.

"Motherhood certainly suits you," he adds, taking into account your little tribe of children. You laugh at this.

"That's a first!" you beam. "Say, whatever happened to the Sasuke who insisted "he never had feelings for me", hmm?" you say cheekily, getting all up in his grill. He laughs and pushes you away, making you giggle.

"That Sasuke was a liar," he admits truthfully. You feel your heart sink yet again as you try to think of a way to tell Sasuke that you aren't interested.

"Sasuke, I'm with Itachi now, and I'm happy with that. Please respect my wishes," you say softly, trying your best not to sound as if you're intent on driving the Uchiha away. He crosses his arms, chewing on his tongue.

"I do, [Name], and I will," he says in a gentle voice. "When you're with Itachi, it's like- someone's given you this light that they can never take away. You become this little ball of happiness and love and fun and just- I love you too much to ever try to take it away from you, [Name]. He's like your sunshine, and whenever I see you being happy with him, it makes me feel happy too."

You bite your lip, feeling your eyes begin to pool with tears, making the Uchiha laugh and reach out to brush them away.

"But you know, I'll never stop caring, [Name]," he whispers, pulling back a loose strand of your hair and tucking it behind your ear.

"Because no matter what happens, I will always love you. Unconditionally."

a/n: okay so i didn't realise that that chapters forty one to forty five weren't able to be viewed by everyone, so i really do apologise for that. it's been months since i put them up, and no one really told me what was happening so eh. anyways, this is the ending of unconditionally.