chapter twenty eight

Third person P.O.V

"Are you sure that's the girl, Takeo?"

The two Storm shinobi watched, hidden in the treetops, as (name) boarded the ferry that would take her to the Land of Storms with Sasuke and Itachi Uchiha.

"Pretty sure," said the focused Takeo to his comrade, Toru. Both wore the Storm headband and typical chunin gear; both were assigned to the same task.

"Shall we let Lord Senso know she's on her way, then?" chirped the blonde haired Toru. Takeo frowned, then nodded.

"He'll definitely want to know."

Back to normal P.O.V

As you lugged ahead of the two Uchiha brothers with your bags in tow, Itachi firmly grasps Sasuke's arms, halting him in his tracks.

"Listen to me very carefully," says Itachi in a deathly low voice. The people around the two go about their business, paying no heed to their conversation.

"What?" asks Sasuke, looking around carefully. This earns him another yank in the arm from his older brother.

"We're being followed. Keep (name) within sight at all times, you got it?"

Confused, but willing to help, Sasuke nods as he and his brother continue walking into the ferry as per normal. You've already taken a seat in the row of chairs nearest the door, hoping for a swift exit. Sasuke and Itachi take their seats on either of you, left and right respectively.

"So, when we get there, can we..."

You blabber on and on to the two brothers, inquiring about what to do when you get there, where you're gonna stay, when you're gonna have lunch...

"(Name)? We're here now, come on."

You're gently jolted awake by Sasuke as people begin to disembark from the vessel. You yawn and stretch your arms, grinning widely.

"That was fast, eh?"

The three of you make your way off of the ferry onto the pier, heading towards what seems to be a little cafe across the road. So far, the view had been rather ordinary; the people of this area seemed to be simple fishers who made their living by, well, fishing.

"I hope you don't mind walking? The main village is a good hour inland," says Itachi as the three of you enter the cafe. You're blasted by the smell of freshly baked goods, and your stomach rumbles.

"I hope you don't mind me buying a few snacks for the road?" you ask, pushing past him so you can get to the front counter. You approach the person behind it.

"Excuse me! Hi, I'd like a..."

While you buy who knows what, Sasuke and Itachi keep a keen eye on everyone within the vicinity, as well as people walking around outside of the little cafe. So far, no one looks suspicious. But then again, they still needed to keep a careful eye out for whoever was following them.

"Okay, done! Aren't you two getting anything?" you ask as you exit the cafe. The two brothers silently shake their heads, and you begin making your trek down to the main village of the Land, the Hidden Storm Village. You shove a chocolate donut into your mouth as you begin to talk about said village.

"You know, I've never actually heard of this Village before you brought it up, you know? For a village that's supposed to be hidden by storms, it's actually quite tropical here, don't you think?"

You continue jabbering your way until you're out on an open road, far away from the little fishing community you'd docked at. It's then that you frown and look at the brothers, noticing their silence.