chapter two: the infamous uchiha trio

"Who is she, anyway?"

"She's a year older than us, but I heard that she's secretly an ANBU Black Ops captain!"

"No way, are you serious?!"

"It seems like Sasuke's taken a liking to her, too..."

"They're best friends, baka, what did you expect?..."

"Her eyes are really weird, have you noticed...?"

"No, because she wears her headband just like Kakashi-sensei..."

You lean forward and poke your head into the gaggle of girls sitting at a cafe table talking about you.

"Am I interrupting something?" All the girls jump, and when they see who you are, a few cover their mouths to stifle screams at your sudden appearance. You recognise two of the girls as the pink haired Sakura and the blonde Ino, girls in Sasuke's class both widely known for their insane obsession with him. Itachi and Sasuke appear behind you, looking down at the girls with that infamous Uchiha look. The group look unsure of whether they should swoon or begin running for their lives. You chuckle and straighten up, re-joining ranks with the two brothers.

"Just kidding, I was being nosy. Sorry," you grin, before waving at the girls and making your way back to the compound with Itachi and Sasuke for dinner.

"Considering how calm they were, I think that went rather well," chuckles Itachi from your left side. You look at Sasuke and exchange smirks.

"Considering how much they hate me, you mean," you say, rolling your eyes. You put on your best impression of Ino. "Oh Sasuke! Everything you do is so magnificent and grand! Marry me, Sasuke! Oh!" You put a hand over your forehead and pretend to faint, making the two brothers laugh.

"You're so mean," scoffs Itachi lightly. "Ino sounds nothing like that!" It's now that Sasuke jumps in.

"No, Ino's more of the "Oh Sasuke! I think I've wet myself!" kind of person," he snickers. You and Itachi burst out laughing, and you hit Itachi.

"And you're calling me mean!" you exclaim, still laughing. Itachi rolls his eyes as you approach the front door of their home.

"You're both so immature," he says, shaking his head and opening the door. He removes his shoes and you and Sasuke follow suit, closing the door as you walk in.

"We're home!" calls out Itachi, leading the way down the hall. You emerge into their all too familiar living room, and make a break for the couch.

"Welcome back! Hello there, (name)-chan," you hear your aunty Mikoto call from the adjoined kitchen. You sit up and look at her, grinning.

"Hey, aunty!" you say, waving and slumping back down onto the couch. Itachi joins you, urging you to lift your head so that he can sit as well. Sasuke, meanwhile, heads off for a shower, but not before seeing you and Itachi's seating arrangements and scowling.

"Dinner will be ready soon, kids!" Mikoto looks over at you and Itachi, and smiles at the sight of her son with his the girl of his dreams.

I can't wait for the celebrations to begin.