chapter twenty five

At the inn that night, you have your own room while the two brothers share one across the hall from you.

"See you in the morning, (name)!" farewells Itachi from the doorway of his and Sasuke's shared room. You wave over your shoulder and shut the door behind you, ready to go to sleep. Itachi shakes his head, smiling, and makes his way into his room. Sasuke already lies in bed, tucked in and staring at the ceiling. Itachi switches off the lights, and makes his way to his own bed.

"So... (name)'s actually a princess?" comes Sasuke voice in the dark, making his older brother sigh.

"(Name)'s mother was a woman named Miyuki. She was our mother's cousin," he says, starting to explain from the beginning. "She ran off with the Land of Storms' ruler's son, Katsu."

"Why have I never heard of her, then? And what about her parents, who were they?" Itachi bites his tongue.

"Well, she ran away before you were born, so yeah. After Miyuki ran away, her parents were disgraced, and... well, basically eradicated every trace of her there was. No one was to speak of her, and all photos and things that belonged to her were meant to have been destroyed, apparently."

"What do you mean, apparently?"

Itachi smirks.

"The night she left, she left empty-handed, meaning all her weapons and such were still here. Her parents made to get rid of everything, but they only managed to burn her clothes and unimportant personal belongings before they got called out for a mission not long after. They never came back from it."

"So who took her weapons?" asks Sasuke, surprised at the secrecy that shrouded your past.

"Mother and father took it into their hands to distribute it to the families within the clan, those who they trusted. When (name) turned up to Konoha, it was quite a shock to us when we found out who she really was. It was then that the elders and our parents decided that Miyuki's things rightfully belonged to (name). Those presents (name) received from her birthday week? Property of Miyuki Uchiha, her mother."

Sasuke gapes.

"So... why doesn't (name) seem to remember her past? I mean... if I were her, I think I'd remember being a princess, to be honest," he says. Suddenly, the thought of him wearing a tiara and a big, pink, flouncy dress pops into his mind, and he shivers. Itachi sighs.

"Tell you later. But for now, we should get some sleep. We leave at dawn."