{36}

Y/n's POV

The happiness was overwhelming.

"Y/n?"

My life fell apart.

"Y/n?"

And now, everything's falling back into place.

"Y/n."

I couldn't be more happy.

"Y/N!"

I shook my head, closing my eyes for a second as I caught myself out of focus.

"Yeah, yeah sorry, I'm here. I'm just, in my head." I said, opening my my eyes and looking around the room at all the eyes that were on me.

We stood in our mission room. Me, the girls, Mini, Delirious, Toonz, Ohm, Gorilla, and Squirrel.

Delirious wrapped his arm around my shoulders, giving me a gentle squeeze to pull me back to reality. I gave him a quick nod and small smile, showing him I was fine.

I turned my attention back to the conversation where Mini was explaining his theories on Cleo's whereabouts. "Obviously your imposter Wendy took her, she wouldn't have left on her own and our place was locked down otherwise."

"So IW kidnapped her?" Cartoonz butt in.

"IW?" Jamilyne asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Imposter Wendy.." Toonz replied, giving a sheepish smile. We all nodded in understanding as Mini continued. "Well, there was no way Cleo just abandoned her family, she wouldn't just walk out. IW definitely took her. And I happen to have intel on what's up with her."

"How?" I was quick to chip in, not wanting to get my hopes up too fast. I need confirmation first.

"I have insiders everywhere I have one in nearly every single gang within the top 10 rank, including the Rebels." My eyebrows raised at this.

Why has he never mentioned this before?

"I know what you're thinking and I have to keep it all under wraps because there are people like IW who are also snooping around, I can't go around just spilling my guts about all my ties, that's the only reason I'm still in the business. Most of the guys don't even know the details of my connections and it's gonna stay that way."

"Because there are also people like Bryce." Ohm said quietly, nearly under his breath but we caught it. I dropped my head, thinking it best not to comment.

"I have connections. And I think you'll find it interesting to know that IW didn't take Cleo to the Rebellion." Mini said, ignoring Ohm's comment.

"What do you mean? Is she not in the Rebellion? I though IW came from the Rebellion?" Hannah asked, raising her eyebrows.

"We all did, but apparently she wasn't."

We all share confused glances. "Listen, this isn't the point. The point is, another gang has Cleo, in fact, we know them well." Mini finished, sharing a glance with the guys.

"Mini, what're you talking about?" I finally said, stepping forward as I placed my hands on the table. He gave a long sigh and dropped his head for a moment before looking back up. "It's the same gang Bryce went to when he... left."

My eyes widened.

Why would they send IW?

They have nothing to do with us.

I looked at the table, deep in thought, trying to figure out why this gang is suddenly on the rise.

"Get to the part about where Cleo is." Wendy said, slowly losing interest in the conversation.