{22}

Delirious' POV

"JONATHAN!"

I quickly dropped to the ground and reached over the edge of the building, grabbing her hand. I looked down as I tried pulling her up.

She looked at me in shock and I saw the tears on her cheeks and in her eyes as relief washed over her. She was still holding the bag of drugs.

I strained slightly as my other hand gripped the concrete. "Drop the bag."

Her eyes widened. "I-I can't!" She said, a slight trace of fear in her voice.

"Y/n, drop the bag." She glanced down and back at me before she gulped and let go of the drug bag, letting it fall into an alleyway full of druggies who immediately jumped onto it.

She reached up, grabbing my arm with both hands.

If I had both hands, I could've pulled her and the bag up, but I only had one, the other was reframing me from falling over the edge.

I used my one arm and yanked her up and over the edge of the building as I stood. I quickly pulled her into me, placing one hand on the back of her head, the other wrapping around her shoulders as I squeezed her tightly.

"It's okay, it's okay, I got you, I got you."

The fear settled in her as she wrapped her arms around my waist and sobbed into my chest. I stroked her hair, whispering sweet nothings as I tried to calm her. "Shhh, it's okay babe, I got you."

Her breathing finally started to slow and her sobs began to seize. I picked her up, wrapping her legs around my waist. "Calm your nerves, I'll take you down, you can sleep in the car on the way home, and we can talk about it when your ready, okay?"

She didn't say anything. She just sniffled and nodded, burying her head in the crook of my neck.

I rubbed her back before taking a breath, running, and jumping to the last building. My grip tightened on her as I slowly made my way down the fire escape.

Her heart beat became even and her breaths tickled my neck.

She fell asleep.

I made my way towards everyone, rubbing gentle circles on her back. As soon as they saw me, the twins came running, their masks were off and tears were streaming down their faces.

"Is she okay?" They asked frantically, licking their lips nervously. I reached over with one hand, tapping each of them under the chin lightly.

"She's fine, I got to her just in time." They looked at each other before back at me. "What do you mean 'just in time'?"

I sighed and watched as everyone gathered around me, wondering the same thing as the twins. "We'll talk about it when we get back home, I told her she can sleep on the way and when she's ready, she'll talk."

Everyone nodded, but my promises didn't sit well with one person.

"Where the fuck is her bag?" Swagger asked, anger laced in his tone.

I turned to him and glared, careful not to wake the sleeping beauty in my arms.

"I said, we'll talk about it when we get home."

He rolled his eyes and scoffed as he stomped off towards his car.

I rolled my eyes at his childishness.

'I'm just glad you're okay Y/n.'

When we got back to the base, Y/n was still sleeping, so I put her in our room.