{16}

~1 Week Later~

Y/n's POV

Moo had taken out my stitches yesterday, saying that the wound is healing nice and fast. I was grateful that he was taking care of it for me, otherwise, I probably would've lost my entire hand to an infection.

I was currently sitting at the table with a couple others, eating breakfast.

"Alpha."

I look up and catch the eyes of Vanoss. "A word?"

I nodded and shoved another spoonful of cereal in my mouth before standing and following him to his room.

I walk in and close the door behind me before sitting on the bed as he walked over to a desk that had papers scattered all of it.

"So, what's up?" I ask, slightly nervous.

"I have to ask a favor of you."

My eyebrows drew together in confusion and I motioned for him to continue. "We have a couple of friends. They're in their own gang, but we're allies, no competition between us."

"Uh-huh..." I squinted, not exactly seeing where this is going.

"They're coming tomorrow, and they're gonna be staying a while, maybe a couple weeks." I nodded along as he explained more about them.

They aren't nearly as high of a rank as one of our crews, but they were still up there, sitting in spot number 7. "They have agreed to help with the Rebel mission, if your willing to accompany us on one of theirs."

I thought.

One of the girls could get hurt.

But they've been so welcoming.

They could use this other gang to try and overthrow us.

But they've had nearly every chance to do that if they really wanted to.

More work for us to tend to with almost no benefits.

But when I got wounded, they were all worried sick, not to mention, Moo patched me up without hesitation, no strings attached.

What if-

What am I even thinking.

As much as I don't like to admit it, I've grown attached to the guys, I mean, I'm sleeping with one of them for god's sake.

I look up at Vanoss and smile as I nod. He nods back before motioning for me to look at the desk. I get up and walk over to him, glancing down at the different files and articles scattered about.

Everyone has been pitching in, trying to get any information they could on The Rebels.

I looked down as Vanoss explained to me his theory on their strategy. I was half listening, half examining the evidence. "They tend to stay at longer rangers, and face to face encounters with the cops apparently don't work out in their favor 3 out of every 5 times they're actually caught." I nodded along as a I noticed a significant pattern.

I picked up the different articles and clippings before placing them all in a line, matching dates and distances.

I moved the clippings to a map that was hung up on a whiteboard in his room. I pinned the clippings in their respective places and studied the times of each invasion.

"Their heists on the Eastern side of town only take place during the day, between 10 and 4 most likely, where as the Western is normally at night, between 6 and midnight." I point out, referencing the quadrants and times.