Chapter 9| fighting

The next few days, everything between me and Cat was going amazing, she still had her stubborn moments, but she hadn't argued with me ever since.

Though, I knew she wasn't telling me everything. That's why I asked Lennox to tell me what he told her after a briefing. I already knew she would be pissed.

I strode in our office, she was working and listening to music. She never did that before so it kinda surprised me. Or she did, if I wasn't around.

I sighed got her attention finally she put out her earbuds and gave me an innocent look like I was gonna yell at her or what. "Didn't know you listened to music during work," I said.

"Stomachache," she grumbled. I hummed and got behind her, massaging her shoulders. "You have to sign these," she said. I grabbed and looked through them "since when are you asking me to sign them? You're always faking my signature," I said with a raised brow.

She snitched then out of my hands and signed them, making me roll my eyes as she laid them aside. I pulled her long blond hair, making her look up to me. "You didn't want to sign it," she said.

"That's not what I said..." I strictly said. "You're not even allowed to fake my signature," I said sternly. "I have always signed them..." she said. I groaned and rolled my eyes "but if you really wanna sign papers and feel better by doing it... sign these," she pointed at huge pile next her desk.

"I'm saving you a lot of work by signing them myself,"

I gave her look "you never told me about these cases!" I blurted. She gave me a look "they're not really that important," she grumbled. "It's not about that... I don't care if they're important or not! I wanna know about it!" I snapped. "Fine... I get it," she grumbled.

"Good!"

I let go of her hair and grabbed all the files next her desk, which was a lot of then. "Don't forget the other pile..." I halted and looked at her "other pile?"

She nodded and got up, opening the metal closet "these..." she sulked. I started to feel angry again "cat! Are you kidding me!" I snapped. She flinched and looked away. Angrily I pushed her away "I don't have to see you! Go!" I spat.

She flinched again and backed off "these files~" she began but I got her off. "I said go!" I spat. She backed off some more and left without saying anything else. annoyed I grabbed the files "stupid femme!" I growled as I looked through them.

I didn't see her for the rest of the day, not even when I tried to search for her. I eventually strode towards her room, she sat on her bed, setting frantically in her diary. She was crying and brushed some tears off her face but ignored me.

I closed the door and strode over to her. "Are you here to yell at me again!" She snapped without looking. I grabbed her and made her look at me, placing her diary aside. "Don't be like this! You have to tell me about the cases! I don't wanna see any tears! You were wrong!" I spat.

She looked me in the eyes "Well if you took the trouble to listen to me! Then you should have known that I got these cases before you became my superior!" She spat and got up. "but you never looked at the date!" she spat before she turned around. I sighed and got up, grabbing her, and pulled her next to her again. "Why are you always fighting me!" I sighed.

She huffed "You're the one who's fighting me!" She grumbled. I kissed the side of her head "Stop fighting me!" I stated. "Excuse me!? You were the one who actually started all this!" She snapped. I silenced her and brushed some hair out of her beautiful face. "stop it, sweetspark!" I whispered, nuzzling in her neck for a moment.

"I am sorry!"

She pressed her forehead against mine for a second. "Alright...Well I have things to do that doesn't include and spy shit, so I am gonna go!" she said as she got up and wiped her face clean before she pulled back on her shoes. I got up as well and hugged her tightly "What are you gonna do?" I asked a bit sternly. "Talking to a friend,"

I frowned "You have friends?" the moment I said that I realized how blunt and unkind it had sounded. "Asshole!" she sneered before she turned around and slammed the door closed. I strode back over to the Autobot hanger but saw Cat talking to a soldier. He was flirting with her as far as I could see. She had a blush on her face while she looked at him.

I felt a stab of jealously sting inside my chest. Why on earth a soldier? Why not me? I watched it for a moment and turned up the volume of my audio to hear what they were saying to each other. "Survived another day?" the soldier scoffed pissing me off already. She snorted amused "Have you thought about the offer you got?" he asked. Cat sighed and leaned against the wall. "yes I did... I don't know to be honest," she admitted. I frowned a bit, where was she talking about.

"What keeps you back?! That spy?" he mocked. I angrily gritted my fangs and glared at the soldier even he didn't see it. "You don't need him!" he scoffed. "He's not your father, not your friend nor you're superior!" He stated. "True, he's not my dad... but he is a friend," she sighed. It satisfied me a bit. "Don't make me laugh, Cat! That spy is only keeping you up and yelling at you what to do! You don't need him!" he said, giving her a soft friendly push.

She faked her smile for a moment and shook her head slightly. "What if he's gonna abuse you too? Just like your brother did?" he asked. Her head snapped towards him "Come! For so far! Every partner you had abused you! Mirage is the same!"
"Mirage wouldn't hurt me, he told me that," she said scared and doubtfully. "He got mad at you again! Come on! He's not gonna be nice on you!" He said. "And you're kinda a loser to even talk to him!" He said. Her eyes widened "he's my superior!" she blurted out.

"Let me stop you right there! Mirage will never be your superior! You don't need him!" he snapped. Cat sighed and looked down "He's an idiot!" he mocked. She looked down and sighed "Well you know, I am not sure if we want you around now you're friends with him!" he said slyly, looking at his nails. "you were my brother's best friend..."

"Very well... your brother's best friend!" he snapped. Cat flinched and I started to feel bad for her. "Where's that loser anyways!" he snapped. I stepped back and turned my holoform invisible. Cat looked at him again, I saw anger mixed with sadness. "Want some advice! Dump that spy!" he snapped.

((Cat's P.O.V))
I sighed, why was I even talking to this idiot!
Without saying anything I walked off, but Jackson sprinted after me and grabbed my arm painfully hard. "Listen up! I am gonna hurt that spy and if you help him! I am gonna hurt you too! We simply don't want any losers at this base!" he snapped.

I gulped "unless you're gonna tell me you really need that spy!" he spat the word 'spy' like it was venom. "I don't need him!" I snarled. "Than prove me!" he snapped before he stormed off. I sighed and rubbed my face before I turned around and left.

later that day, I strode over to the cafeteria and caught up with Mirage. His smell entered my nose, it was absolutely delicious, I have always liked his scent. "I am sorry about what I said earlier!" he said as he followed me. "You were right!" I coldly snapped.

He stopped me and pulled me in a tight hug, which I allowed him to do. As he pulled back, he opened his mouth to say something, but all he could utter was a scream before he collapsed on the floor. I yelped and jumped back in shock. Energon was pouring out of his back. My stomach twisted with horror as Jackson strode in and smirked before he pushed the knife out of Dino's shoulder blade.

He grabbed his hair and punching him a couple of times in his flank. "Stop hurting him, Jackson! There's no need to hurt him!" I snapped. He gave me a look "You know what I told you!" he hissed "Why don't you deactivate your holoform!" I snapped at Mirage, mostly out of fear. "Cuz it's not his holoform!" He snapped.

"what?!"

"Basically my holoform, but then it's my bipedal mode I transform in my holoform!" he groaned. Mason kicked him again "I can easily kill him!" he scoffed. I gulped and felt a wave of horror throughout my body. "And if he changes back, he kills a big part of the base!" he mocked. I glared at Mason before I lunged for him, we both rolled over the floor. Mason tried to stab me, Mirage was quick and pushed him away from me.

Another soldier grabbed the red spy and pushed him back. He collapsed on the floor with a loud thud and Mason got up while two guys grabbed me, "Such a sorrow! You know what I told you!" he sneered before he slapped me and everything went black.