Chapter 48| Lost and found

"Someone must have known the truth..." I said, speaking up and got the attention of the others. "There's no other way..." I stated. "But who knew?" Lennox asked, turning towards me. I shrugged, I couldn't answer him. "After you left... Cat started to act strange..." Sam said, leaning closer towards the table. "Like really strange... she kept checking her surroundings... I asked her if something is wrong and she said it's nothing to worry about... I spotted her grabbing a kitchen knife and shortly after she disappeared... there was a man talking to her, but she didn't seem to be interested... I don't it was strange and she was really moody and tensed," Sam told us.

"So, your theory is right... They are trying to get her on their side," Mearing sighed. "Yeah, apparently but for some reason, she doesn't want to do it..." I sulked. "She told me something... about people turning their backs towards the government," I said. "We considered it as bullshit..." Lennox honestly said. "What if it isn't? What if everything is true... what if her brother isn't dead?" I asked. "That's ridiculous..." Ratchet snorted. "I don't think it is... I sincerely think there's more going on than Cat told us... and none of you wanted to listen. She told me briefly about it but that's it... she could have figured it out already and we didn't want to listen. There's a reason why she fell off a building just to get the data. She wouldn't risk it if she's isn't sure... she told me it's the last thing she wanted to do. Perhaps she knew they're close..." I said. "You have no proof..." Mearing mocked.

"Do you have something else that can explain why people are after her? She discovered a huge criminal network. They kill important people... in the last few months... lots of people died. Cat is monitoring this for much longer. She's smart and I start to believe she discovered something. I think we need to trust her in this one. The Decepticons are in this as well... she's dangerous for everyone... perhaps they will ask for information and then let one of the Decepticons kill her... it would explain everything... before I left she told me she would free soon... We need to find her fast, I know I am right..."
There fell a silence, "if you're right... then we need to hurry. She has valuable information... and if you're right, then people want her gone," Mearing sulked. I nodded and got up, "I am going to make some scans, try if I can locate her position," I stated before leaving the room. There's something she hasn't told me yet, I think she lied about her brother, but I can't prove it. Nothing leads to him or a possible location of where he could be. I spent the whole morning trying to work on it, but I received nothing. I really started to get anxious and lost focus because of this. I don't want to lose her, I need her. There's so much I need to tell her and I couldn't believe I left her behind unprotected in a state like that. I should've known better...

((Cat's P.O.V))
I am tied up in a cell and waiting. It's not a big surprise people are after me, I have so many enemies and I know what is going to happen. A man strode in and I knew to who this holoform belonged. Megatron.
He walked in and studied me. "Nice to finally meet you in person," he said, his voice low and dangerous. "Do you have any idea how much trouble you caused everyone?" he mocked. "I can imagine... but it's my job," I mocked. He hit my cheek. I didn't utter a groan or any other sign of pain. "I need to know where is it..."
I sighed and cocked my head to the side. "Where is what? I don't know what you're talking about..." I said. He hit me again, "do you think I am going to cry and break now you keep hitting me?" I asked. A scowl formed on his face, "tell me where it is!" he hissed. "Where is what? I have so many things..." I taunted. He punched me in my stomach, causing me to groan in pain. My ribs are still not healed perfectly. "You know exactly what I am talking about!" he hissed. "I will take that into my grave..." I snarled again.

"Since when does an alien species the help of a simple primitive human?" I asked. Megatron glared daggers at me and hit me again. Some blood dripped from my lip, but I cared less. "I know from the beginning that you're here to find a weapon... but it makes me wonder... why can't you find it yourself? Why do you need a human teenager to find something?" I asked. He leaned closer towards me, "watch it, femme... you're on thin ice!" he snarled before his red eyes met mine again. The brown color was gone was replaced with a deep shade of red. "Why don't you just answer me first?" I asked.

He stabbed me with a dagger. I hissed and threw my head back a little. "I hope you realize I can kill you!" he snapped. I laughed and met his eyes, "I am not afraid to die..."
He stabbed me again and again but stopped. "Do it... kill me," I snarled. He growled and turned away from me, "no... not yet," he snarled back. "Are you too weak to do it?" I snapped. He turned around, "Oh no... I am not weak at all... your death will be slow and it already started!" he hissed before he turned around and slammed the door closed of the cell. The sound echoed off against the walls and once it had faded there was a dead silence. Just some drops falling on the dirty moistened concrete floor.
I looked down at my stomach, spotting blood covering me. He's right... I am dying.