Chapter 28| horror

I couldn't believe it!

They took her without my permission, without talking to me first. They had assigned me to be her superior, to keep an eye on her and now they took her as if she was a dog that they could dump in a shelter. I had never been so furious in my entire life. I had screamed at Mearing till Optimus came between us and ordered me to leave. Two weeks! Two weeks and I hadn't heard from her or how she was doing. No one wanted to tell me anything. The people at the hospital will never understand her, they will not understand her like I do. They will never see the fear reflected in her eyes.

I was so mad, I couldn't recharge because of it. I couldn't even do my job. Mearing started to complain but I almost shot her, that's how angry I was. Even Sunstreaker stayed out of my way. I bit my lip, shaking my head as I walked around. The fear and anger overtaking again. What if they hurt her? Besides the anger, did I miss her too. It was like a part of me was missing and I realized I started to have feelings for the trigger happy female spy. I had started to fall in love with her. I didn't know why or how, but I loved her.

"Give me an address!" I snarled as I walked into Lennox room. He got up as he heard me. "Mirage..."

"Wasn't I clear?! I said GIVE ME AN ADDRESS!" I screamed, slamming my fist so hard on the table it caused a dent. I had avoided Lennox, but now it was his turn. "Can you calm down for a moment?" he asked. "They took her! I didn't even had time to say goodbye to her! They will break her! People ruined her!" I shouted. "Your race ruined her!" I screamed. Lennox flinched "I didn't know about it, okay! I swear, I wouldn't lie to you. This is something Mearing decided because she hates her... someone suggested it," he said. "What do you mean? It was Mearing her plan to lock her up like a dog in a shelter!" I snarled. "No! Someone from the council, he was new and he suggested it. He talked to Mearing personally," he said.
"Humans are dumb and stupid! That's why I disrespect them so much! I only care about Cat! I love her!" I snapped. I saw the shock splattered all over his face. "I love her... no matter how mean she is or how angry she gets... I will always love her!" I snarled. "She's mine and they just too the person I fell in love with. They took my mate!" I snarled as I walked around the bureau. Lennox backed off.

"I know you are angry, okay... I get it... I will give you an address."

((Cat's P.O.V))
I was enveloped in darkness. Not a simple spot of light. I know exactly where I am. Locked up in the basement, a small room, surrounded by concrete but there was nothing in here. Just four concrete walls. No bed, no toilet, not even a chair. The horrible smell of puke, urine and poop filled my nose. This place absolutely disgusting. Daily, patients were thrown into this horrible room. They dump their patients in here to break them. They undressed me, so I couldn't hang myself if I go insane. So, I am naked, locked up in a dark and cold basement, for days. Limited water, but no food.
It's also a punishment for patients if they were aggressive, like I have been. I had tried to escape and they caught me before I was able to reach the front door. They gave me something, causing me to hallucinate. I was scared, because I didn't know what was real anymore. All I remember from two weeks ago, is that I went to sleep in the medbay and the next thing, I woke up on a bed, totally stripped and tied up.

So, after all, Mirage hated me. He probably wanted to get rid of me and dumped be in here. The thought was painful for some reason. Of course, I had been horrible to him the last few weeks, months. I had faked my death and I could leave the U.S and start a new life but I was stupid and I stayed, working on the case we had been working on. I don't even know why? I knew I was going to see him again, I knew I would end up at N.E.S.T again. It was just all big mistake...

The door opened and two guards walked in, grabbing my arms tightly full hard and hoist me up. I struggled, but it's useless anyways. I pushed me in a room, forced on my knees. I looked horrible, I was dirty, I was starving and all under bruises and scratches. I wasn't alone in this room. I perked my head up, looking around to see how many people were here. All of them were male. It's not the first time I had heard stories from other patients about people getting raped or sexually assaulted. In the back, I caught the ocean blue eyes of someone familiar.

Mirage!

What on earth was he doing here? Was he here to see me suffer? Or was he here to talk to me? I had no idea. I hated the fact he was seeing how horrible I looked like. it's humiliating...
I looked away from him, hurt in someway. Why did he let all of this happen? He told me he would never hurt me, no matter what and now I am here, naked and bruised in a basement, waiting for what they are going to do next.
One of the doctors around here walked in, walking over to me. "We don't tolerate the behavior you showed us three days ago..." he said. I stared up at him "What are you going to do about!" I hissed. I got kicked and ended up on the floor, fully. He stepped on my chest, pressing hard. I saw Mirage stiffen. He gave some more force on my breasts, hurting me more then I showed him.

He removed his shoe from my chest and grabbed my long straight dark blonde hair, hoisting me up so everyone could see me all exposed. "This is a case of not listening and bad behavior... we punish that here," he said. I tried to grab his hands but he yanked me back. I let out a small scream as he threw me back on the floor again.
He kicked me twice before he grabbed my ankle and dragged me with him. I whined and let out whimpers, feeling my skin scratch over the hard and wet concrete. I ended up in some sort of cage, locked up like an animal "Nothing personal!" he sneered. The cage sank into a bath of ice water, I started to panic, trying to find way out, in panic I couldn't even think straight anymore. Just a little space left for me to breath between the bars.

"Mirage! Please! I am sorry! Please help me!" I shouted, crying. "Please!" I cried. "I am sorry for what I said and did! Please help me... I am sorry I disappointed you. Don't leave me... you were right, about everything... please!"
I hit my head against the bars and swallowed some water. It tasted horrible. "Mirage! Please! I am sorry... about everything," I sobbed as I grabbed the bars. "Mirage!" I cried, trying to hold on to the bars. I was so afraid, the feeling of drowning is horrible. I had no idea for how long I was fighting to not drown, but the cold water started to tire me out. "Dino..." I whispered, slowly starting to loose consciousness.

The cage was pulled out of the water, leaving me like a drowned cat. I coughed up water, spitting it out, my body shivering violently. That same doctor, as he called himself dragged me out, throwing me on the floor. I had to throw over, mostly water. This guy kicked me, pushing me down with his foot on my back in my own puke. I uttered a sob or groan, a mix of it. "Please... stop," I whispered, my voice echoed off against the dark and dirty concrete walls. He grabbed my hair, forcing me to look at him. "Thank him! The only reason you are out of that cage!" he sneered, pointing at Mirage that had horror splashed all over his face. My eyes begged him to help me, to take me away from this place. "Please help me..." I whispered, feeling the tears well up in my eyes.

"Lock her up! We will repeat this tomorrow!" he announced.
Before I knew, I am locked up in this dark cell again. Frozen and wet, with no sight into this thick black darkness. I had never felt more miserable then now. I fell eventually in a restless nightmare filled slumber.