Chapter 6| first mission together

The next day, I woke up from a warm feeling next to me. As I opened my eyes, I noticed I was curled up against my boss, which made me jerk away a little since I remembered he was naked.

I softly got out of bed and grabbed my shoes off the ground. I shot him one last glance before I left and strode back to my room. I somehow missed the warm feeling, but I knew It would be wrong to get attached to him.

After my shower, I strode back to the basement, getting some files before I returned to my office. I didn't even take the time to have dinner, I just wanted to do my job.

With a sigh, I sat down, looking through the files until Mirage strode in, I saw the sleep still in his eyes. "You were early," he sulked as he kicked the door closed and sat down at my brothers desk.

I hummed while writing some things down. "We have our first mission together... today,"
I glanced at him and shrugged my shoulders. "Come on, Cat..." I sighed annoyed and laid my pen down. "We should prepare!" He said. "I already did," I grumbled. He sighed disappointed.

"We could have done it together..."

I gave him a look but said nothing. After a while, I saw brunette walking in. She gave us a smile before she turned towards Mirage, handing him some papers.

Mirage cocked his head slightly to the side. "Who are you?" He asked. "I am Rebecca Wilson," she introduced giving him a handshake. I raised a brow and leaned back. "Lennox asked me to give this to you, for your case," she said.

Mirage hummed and quickly scanned them. "Hey, shall we have lunch together?" She asked. Mirage blinked in surprise but gave a small nod. "Great," she chirped before she glanced at me and left.

I said nothing but felt a wave of jealousy flowing through my body. We worked in silence before Mirage got up "gotta go," was all he said.

((Third person))
Cat watched the spy leave and waited for a bit before she followed him. Behind the wall of the cafeteria she waited and listened carefully.

"So... cat huh," Rebecca said nonchalantly. Dino sighed "she's nice," he sulked before he gazed at the brunette again. "She's a terrible person,"

Dino didn't commented on that and stared down again. "Come on, Mirage... it's generally known," the brunette scoffed. "Look... she's complicated, but not an awful person," he said.

"Do you know what happened in her past?"

Mirage perked his head up in curiosity. "You can't tell anyone," she said in a whisper. Mirage nodded quickly "no one is supposed to know... but there are rumors she has killed,"

Dino cocked his head to the side "yeah... the girl was begging Cat not to kill her, and she did. She watched the girl bleed to death and coldly walked away after she had died,"

Mirage felt a shiver run down his spine. "It's not the first time though," Rebecca grimly said. "Her brother and she... were assigned for special missions, Cat changed years ago, they say her father was a criminal... working for the mafia,"

Dino but his lip "Cat has always had a the bad habit to act coldly and without any emotions, not strange for a... sociopath,"

"She's not..." Dino muttered. "Ask Ratchet if you don't believe me," she added. "He said that?" Mirage gasped. "Yes, when her brother just had died, she has attacked multiple soldiers and even killed one," she whispered.

"The only reason Lennox keeps her is because she's the best spy in America and probably the best spy in the world, but I'm telling you... she's a terrible person,"