Chapter 1| Mirage

I woke up from my alarm clock next to me on the nightstand. It was six in the morning by now and I slowly got up, starting my daily routine at a slow pace since I had a lot of time. Normally I was awake even earlier, ever since the death of my brother, who was my partner as well, had died, were Nightmares chasing me. Every night, the same dream, but guess I was lucky last night. 

I looked at myself in the mirror my bright blue eyes were shining. I removed the top of my eyeliner and softly attached it around my eyes. I was only eighteen years old, my brother had the same age since we were twins. It was simple to imagine how hard it was for me to not have him anymore. He was at my side since we were born and his death caused me a mental breakdown. 

Right now, I was trying to hide my sadness and grief with work, nothing else. I didn't need anyone else either and I didn't want to think about a new partner. First of all, I didn't want to lose my new parter too and second of all, I didn't want anyone else next to me other than my brother. 

My brother and I have had a hard past, we weren't accepted in the family and most of the time we were trying to survive on the streets. That's also where we learned how to fight, we did it for money. When we were 16, a man noticed us and told us he wanted us in a special program and that's how our career as a spy began. 

In the beginning, it was hard, but before we knew, my brother and I were the best spies in the country, maybe the best spies in the world. For so far, we never failed before. As I was done with my make-up and had brushed my long blond hair, which reached my midback. I pulled on my lingerie and uniform. 

The last thing I did was attaching my leg holster around my thigh with a knife and two guns. It was almost seven by now. I walked down the hallway and glared at people who looked at me. I had changed since my brother's death. I had never been that social, but it got worse and most of the time I was isolated. I didn't have a boss who told me what to do, and I was more than happy with that. 

I grabbed an apple and ate before I headed towards the main hanger where I grabbed some files. "How are you doing cat?" Lennox asked. I glanced at the soldier "I am fine!" I grumbled. I wasn't in the mood to talk. Lennox was my superior, but he never played the boss over me, he respected me, just like most soldiers here at the base even I wasn't around most of the time. 

"You shouldn't work so much, Cat!" 

I glanced at him "I am fine! It's my choice anyway!" I said briefly. Lennox sighed "Alright, well there are new Autobots's coming to the base today, probably around the afternoon," he said. I glanced at him "Should I be happy now?" I asked. "Mirage wants to meet you!" he began. "Tell him I am busy, I am not asking for meeting people!" I snapped and turned around. 

"Mirage will meet you anyway," 

I glanced at him "Whatever," I sulked and stalked away, bringing my files to my office, I once shared with my brother. It had two desks and I hadn't changed anything about it. I didn't have to either. I still would place things on his desk and get mad at him for not finishing his work. 

 That afternoon, I had pulled on my sport outfit to go to the fitness hall, where I was a lot when I didn't have any duties. I was very slim, sometimes a little bit too much because I didn't eat very regularly now my brother was dead, but nevertheless, I wanted to stay fit so I did it with fitness. Sometimes I would have a run around the city for a change.

After some workouts, I stopped and drank from my water bottle that was when I noticed Trevor walking in. If you asked me who I hated the most then it was definitely Trevor, I couldn't stand him and I wanted to rip out his heart so badly sometimes. It didn't matter what I did, I didn't get rid of that guy. He smirked and wrapped his arm around. 

"Hi, babe!"

I growled and pushed his arm off my shoulders "Leave me alone, idiot!" I snapped. He smirked and lifted my chin, his lips only inches away from mine. I angrily slapped his face when he tried to kiss me and walked away. "leave me alone!" I Hissed. He smirked and winked at me. Angrily I stormed off. 

"GET OUT OF my way!" I shouted as someone stood in front of me. Startled the brown-haired guy looked at me. "I said get out!" I spat. He quickly stepped aside "Was that so hard!" I snapped and glared at him before I stormed off towards my room. 

I took a shower and dressed up in my leather pants and red crop top with a deep V. I grabbed my holster and attached it around my thigh again, my hair loosely over my shoulder with some makeup attached around my eyes. I stalked over to the archive on my black high heels to place some things back. 

"Hope you calmed down,"

I perked my head up to look at the same guy I scowled at. I looked back and walked towards the other end of the racks. "What do you want!" I grumbled. "I came to introduce myself," he said as he walked after me. "Really? Why!" I snapped. "Cuz... I am new!" he said. "Mirage I presume," I said. He nodded and I eyed him, he had a gorgeous Italian accent. 

"What is it you want, Mirage?!" I coldly asked. He blocked my way by placing his arm against the rack of files. He leaned on one leg with his other leg crossed over his other. "You're stubborn huh!" he said. I crossed my arms "If you're to flirt than I'll shoot you back to Cybertron," I coldly said. "Of course you will!" he replied. I glared at him as a smirk appeared on his face. 

"I am Mirage... but I prefer Dino," 

I stared at him "Whatever you want... Dino!" I growled. "You have some sharp claws," he said, staring straight in my eyes. "Why are you here!" I snapped. "We will see each other more often... I am a spy too," he said. I huffed "Doesn't make us partners!" I snapped. "now get out of my way!" I snapped. "Lennox already told me you're hard to handle and asked me to keep an eye on you... and since I am a spy I think I am can do that..." he said and walked over to the door. 

"Oh... and just you know... I am your superior now!" he said and winked at me with a charming smirk and left. I was boiling with anger as he left, with a roar I kicked against the wall and glared at the door. "Stupid and arrogant piece of trash metal... idiotic brain!" I scowled, mostly to myself before I left. I stormed over the main hanger, Epps stepped back as I stormed over to Lennox. 

"That piece of metal will not be my superior!" I hissed, glaring at Lennox. "Cat... calm down, Mirage is very good at what he's doing, and I tried to explain this to you this morning, but you didn't want to listen!" He said. "I am not gonna do it! I don't need him!" I hissed. On he background I saw Mirage's holoform leaning against the wall with a smirk on his face. 

"Forget about it! I am not gonna share anything with him! And I didn't wrote anything down!" I sneered before I turned on my heels. "It wasn't a question, Cat..." Lennox said, making me halt and turn around. If my eyes could kill, lennow would be destroyed by now. "we will see about that!" I snapped and glared at Dino who stared at back me. 

Angrily I stormed off and disapeared...