Summoned to Ba Sing Se

"So, are we dating now?"

"I guess we are"

Sokka and Zuko discussed the status of their relationship, sat on Appa on their way back to the palace. The Firelord lay flat on his back, head on his boyfriend's lap facing up at him.

"You two are gross" Katara criticised them.

"Says you Katara! You are literally holding Aang's hand!" Sokka defended while Zuko spat out an oddly violent laugh. Though the firebender's laugh was nowhere near as odd as Toph, who let out snorting laughter. Katara blushed and turned back to helping Suki navigate.

"What are we going to tell my mother?" Zuko softly whispered only loud enough for Sokka to hear him.

"Never mind your mother, what about your Nation?" Sokka looked down at Zuko. "Oh Spirits! What on Earth are we going to tell my father?"

"Easy! Hey there chief Hakoda, I have ill intentions with your son!" Toph blurted out laughing.

"Toph's right Sokka, dad won't mind. In fact, the only place that same sex relationships are frowned upon is in the Fire Nation, and Zuko is the Firelord, he can legalise your relationship" Katara said gently, moving away from Appa's head and put her arm around her brother.

Sokka felt Zuko grab his hand and plant a kiss on the non-bender's cheek.

"We'll be fine Boomerang"

"Thanks Hotshot"

The two boys smiled at each other while Aang landed Appa back at the Fire Nation palace.

When the group dismounted Appa they were immediately greeted with a message from Ba Sing Se which was handed to Toph.

"What does it say?" Aang asked excitedly turning to Toph.

"I wouldn't know, Aang, since I'm fucking blind!" Toph yelled at Aang who looked immediately apologetic. The earthbender thrust the letter to the person closest to her which happened to be Suki.

Suki unfurled the letter and read it aloud for the group.

"The Earth King humbly requests the presence of the Firelord, the Avatar, the chiefs of the water tribes, Sokka and Katara of the Southern Tribe, Toph Beifong and Suki of the Kyoshi warriors in Ba Sing Se at their earliest convenience to discuss the conflict and rioting, and come to a solution.

Regards, the Earth King"

"There's riots in Ba Sing Se? Since when?" Katara asked the group looking very concerned while the others shrugged or admitted they didn't know.

"It's getting late, let's eat, get some rest, pack our things for Ba Sing Se and get going first thing in the morning" Zuko suggested while everyone else nodded looking exhausted.

Once everyone had eaten, they all went off to their respective rooms to get ready for the trip to Ba Sing Se.

"Sokka, are those the only clothes you have with you?" Zuko asked his boyfriend.

"Well, what would you suggest I pack?"

"Way fancier clothes than that! My father requested an audience with the Earth King, and he denied seeing us because of our clothing choices. He's really picky about other people's appearances"

"Everyone at his party that we may or may not have crashed did look very well dressed"

"You crashed the Earth King's party?"

"Yeah, I think the only reason we weren't executed is because we had the Avatar with us"

Zuko looked exasperatedly at Sokka and sent for guards to take the non-bender's clothing sizes and go purchase him the fanciest clothes they could find.