Death Takes a Holiday [7]

Pamela sat on the edge of Dean's bed, one hand to the stab wound, leaning on the other. "Imum vult decipi, ergo decipiatur. Vis, vis, vis," she got up to move to Sam's bed.

Selina reappeared and quickly helped her. "Pamela..." she was stopped as Dean took a deep breath and sat up.

Pamela repeated the chant in Sam's ear. She was breathing hard.

Dean looked at Pamela and saw the blood, he looked over and saw Selina's puffy eyes from her tears "What happened?"

"Dean, where's Tessa?" Sam asked.

"She's..." Selina started.

Pamela took off her sunglasses.

Selina finally broke down "Pamela, I'm so sorry,"

"Stop,"

"If you just let me take you to a hospital," Selina whispered.

Pamela placed a reassuring hand on Selina's cheek, her thumb brushing away tears.

"You don't deserve this," Sam said.

That caused Pamela to snap, but she kept holding Selina's hand.

"Yeah, I don't. I told you I didn't want anything to do with this. Do me a favor? Tell that bastard Bobby Singer-to go to hell for ever introducing me to you two in the first place," Pamela started coughing.

"Take it easy, Pamela. If it's any consolation, you're going to a better place," Dean assured.

Pamela turned her head toward Dean. "You're lying,"

"Then trust me," Selina spoke up "I talked to Castiel...and if he knows what's good for him. You're going to a better place,"

Pamela rubbed her thumb against Selina's hand. "Come here," she pulled Selina into a hug. Pamela whispered in Selina's ear "I heard what you said to that Demon. Don't let them dictate who you are...you're not like those soul suckers. There's light in you, Selina. You control your own fate. Now let me talk to your idiot brother,"

Selina nodded once Pamela released her and ran over to Dean, who immediately embraced her in his arms as she cried silently.

"Sam," Pamela called over.

Sam leaned close.

"I can feel what's inside you."

Sam's eyes widened.

"If you think you have good intentions, think again." Pamela started coughing again. She leaned back against the headboard, a trickle of blood coming out of her mouth, and was still.

"Pamela?" Selina called out quietly.

Pamela's head slid down.

"Pamela!"

Sam looked away as Selina fell to the floor.

Dean holding her close as she sobbed even harder.

Selina's emotions causing light fixtures to flicker and a few of the dresser drawers to slam open.

Dean could do nothing but hold Selina close, because as much as he wished to tell her 'that everything was going to be ok,' and that 'Pamela was in a better place'. He couldn't find himself to speak those words, because he knew that he would only be fooling himself in believing they were true.

Dean and Sam shared a mournful glance as Selina continued to cry out for a friend that was no longer there.