Death Takes a Holiday

Selina tapped a button on the jukebox, then thumped the jukebox.

Sam was at a table, laptop open, talking on the phone. "No, no, no, you're right, it's definitely weird. Okay, Bobby, thanks," he put the phone away as Dean came over.

"What's up?" Dean asked as he sat down.

Sam started typing "Bobby found something in Wyoming,"

"A job?"

"Maybe,"

Dean bit into a burger.

"Small town, no one's died in the past week and a half,"

"That so unusual?" Dean asked

"Well, it's how they're not dying. One guy with terminal cancer strolls right out of hospice. Another guy gets capped by a mugger and walks away without a scratch,"

"Capped in the ass?"

Sam's browser had two tabs open to the Greybull Gazette; the top tab had an article with the headline:

Shooting victim walks away unharmed

And the subheading:

Man miraculously survives after direct shot to the heart

The first paragraph read:

Police and medical authorities are struggling for an explanation as to why local resident James Jenkins was able to walk away from a point-blank shooting incident. After leaving Bison Bud's Bar, Mr. Jenks and friend Pete Hensley were confronted by a mugger in a nearby alley. After a brief altercation, the mugger fired a shot from a 9mm Automatic, hitting Jenkins directly in the heart...

"Police say Mr. Jenkins was shot in the heart at point-blank range by a nine-millimeter," Sam read

Dean kept eating, speaking with his mouth full "And he's not a doughnut?"

"Locals are saying it's a miracle,"

"Okay,"

"It's got to be something nasty, right? I mean, people making deals or something,"

Dean considered it as he watched Selina mess around with the jukebox "You think?"

"What else would it be?"

"I don't know,"

"All right." Sam put his laptop in his bag "Selina let's go,"

Selina looked down and didn't move.

"Come on," Sam stood up, picking up hi bag.

Selina didn't move.

Sam looked at Selina, swinging his bag over his shoulder "What?"

Selina looked up at Sam, then glanced back at the jukebox. "Sure you want me going with you?"

"Why wouldn't I?" Sam realized what was going on and sighed "Sel, that was the siren talking, not you,"

Selina rolled her eyes and brushed passed Sam "That's not what I'm talking about,"

***

"Now, you three said you were bloggers?" Jim asked

Sam, Dean, and Selina were sitting at Jim's dining room table.

Jim sat down across from Sam.

Jim's wife and daughter were visible in the next room.

"Yes, sir. Floored by the Lord dot com," Sam claimed