Are You There, God? It's Me, Selina Winchester [1]

Bobby was sitting at his desk with a pile of books in front of him.

Sam was sitting in a chair in the opposite corner talking to Dean, who was standing. "Well, then tell me what else it could be,"

"Look, all I know is I was not groped by an angel," Dean argued

"Okay, look, Dean. Why do you think this Castiel would lie to you about it?"

"Maybe he's some kind of demon. Demons lie,"

Bobby looked up from his books at the boys.

"A demon who's immune to salt rounds and devil's traps...and Ruby's knife?" Selina argued "Dean, Lilith is scared of that thing! And to be honest so am I,"

"Don't you think that if angels were real, that some hunter somewhere would have seen one...at some point...ever?"

"Yeah. You and Selina just did, Dean," Sam pointed out

"I'm trying to come up with a theory here. Okay? Work with me,"

"Dean, we have a theory," Selina sighed

"Yeah, one with a little less fairy dust on it, please,"

"Okay, look. I'm not saying we know for sure. I'm just saying that I think we..." Sam started

"Okay, okay. That's the point. We don't know for sure, so I'm not gonna believe that this thing is a freaking Angel of the Lord because it says so!"

"You three chuckleheads want to keep arguing religion, or do you want to come take a look at this?" Bobby butted in.

Sam, Dean, and Selina walked over to Bobby's desk.

"I got stacks of lore...Biblical, pre-Biblical. Some of it's in damn cuneiform. It all says an angel can snatch a soul from the pit,"

"What else?" Dean asked

"What else, what?"

"What else could do it?"

"Airlift your ass out of the hot box? As far as I can tell, nothing,"

"Dean, this is good news," Sam said

"How?" Dean questioned

"Because for once, this isn't just another round of demon crap. I mean, maybe you were saved by one of the good guys, you know?"

"Okay. Say it's true. Say there are angels. Then what? There's a God?"

"At this point, Vegas money's on yeah," Bobby said

"I don't know, guys,"

"Okay, look. I know you're not all choirboy about this stuff, but this is becoming less and less about faith and more and more about proof," Sam said

"Proof?"

"Yes,"

"Proof that there's a God out there that actually gives a crap about me personally? I'm sorry, but I'm not buying it,"

"Why not?"

"Because why me? If there is a God out there, why would he give a crap about me?"

"Dean..."

"I mean, I've saved some people, okay? I figured that made up for the stealing and the ditching chicks. But why do I deserve to get saved? I'm just a regular guy,"

"Apparently, you're a regular guy that's important to the man upstairs,"

"Well, that creeps me out. I mean, I don't like getting singled out at birthday parties, much less by...God,"

"Okay, well, too bad, Dean, because I think he wants you to strap on your party hat,"

"Fine. What do we know about angels?"

Bobby picked up a pile of fat and weighty looking books and put them in front of Dean "Start reading,"

Dean looked at the pile of books and turned towards Sam. "You're gonna get me some pie,"

Selina cringed as she felt her cellphone vibrate "I'll go," Selina noticed the confused look Sam and Dean gave her "I need out of the house, and Bobby doesn't really have any coffee. Besides, I at least don't forget the pie,"

"Touche," Dean nodded "but you're not driving Baby!"

"Oh come on!" Selina exclaimed, she turned to Bobby "Can I take the Mustang?"

Bobby shrugged as he tossed her the keys "Not like it gets driven that much,"

Selina turned to Dean "Bobby cares,"

"Shut up and bring me my pie,"

"Assbutt," Selina said with a smirk

"Bitch,"

***

Selina walked into Johnny Mac's Diner, the demon waitress smirked as she walked in.

"Well, look who decided to show,"

Selina glared as she slid the cellphone towards the waitress "Tell your boss, I'm done,"

The waitress slid the phone back "He doesn't take no for an answer. It's a simple job, take the cellphone and answer the call everytime it rings and complete the job. Or the boss man will throw your brother so deep in hell that even his guardian angel can't reach him this time,"

Selina huffed "Who's next on the list?"

The waitress smiled "Good girl. Details will be given on the phone, and don't try to flush this one down the toilet, we wouldn't want to have one of us come to your doorstep in front of your brothers...now would we?"

"Understood...do you have the food order?"

"A container of pie, salad, and double cheeseburger," The waitress said as she handed Selina the greasy bag. "You humans are disgusting,"

"I just have one more thing..."

The Waitress tilted her head only to gasp as Selina stabbed her with Ruby's knife, the demon flickering.

"Don't ever threaten my family....ever again," Selina took the knife and left the diner, grabbing a bag of chips before she headed into the Mustang.

***

Selina pulled up to the house only to notice the lack of the Impala along with Bobby's own car. Selina huffed as she dialed Dean's number.

"This is Dean Winchester. If this is an emergency, leave a message. If you're calling about 11-2-83, please page me with your coordinates,"

Selina rolled her eyes at getting Dean's voicemail "I swear to God, Winchester, if you went hunting without me, I'm gonna eat each and every piece of pie and not leave you even a crumb." Selina sighed as she opened Bobby's front door so she could enter the house and put the food in the fridge until the boys returned "Just call me back so I know that you're still living, bye," Selina dropped the phone on a table only to gasp as she saw a familiar reflection in the mirror in front of her.

"Hey, Selina. It's been a while," Dereck said with a dark smirk on his face.