Lazarus Rising [2]

"Bobby, I'm back," Selina called out as she entered the front door of Bobby Singer's household. Not hearing any sound of Bobby nor the sound of clattering beer bottles, Selina walked further until she came into the living room "Bobby..." she stopped, her bag falling to the ground when she was met with a familiar figure.

Both men turned when they heard her enter the room.

"De?" Selina voiced, her voice cracking as unshed tears filled her eyes.

"Hey, Selina," Dean took a step towards Selina, but she instinctively took a step back "It's me Sel..."

Selina looked to Bobby for confirmation, his reply was a simple nod. It was enough to cause the tears to finally stream down her face as she looked up into her elder brother's eyes, immediately jumping into his arms as Dean held her close. "You called me...you called me and I hung up...I'm so sorry,"

"It's ok, sweetheart...I'm here now," Dean said, his own voice cracking as he kissed Selina's head.

"How did you bust out?" Selina whispered

"I don't know. I just, I just woke up in a pine box..."

"But...that don't make a lick of sense," Bobby claimed

"Yeah. Yeah, you're preachin' to the choir,"

"Dean. Your chest was ribbons, your insides were slop. And you've been buried four months. Even if you could slip out of hell and back into your meat suit-" each description of Dean's aftermath with the hellhound was like another stab at Selina's heart as she buried herself deeper into the familiarity of Dean's scent.

Dean reacting as well as he brought Selina closer to him. "I know, I should look like a Thriller video reject,"

"What do you remember?"

"Not much. I remember I was a Hellhound's chew toy, and then..lights out. Then I came to six feet under, that was it." Dean explained as Bobby sat down. Dean leading Selina to a seat on the couch as well. "Sam's number's not working. He's, uh...he's not..."

"Oh, he's alive. As far as we know,"

"Good...Wait, what do you mean, as far as you know?"

"We haven't talked to him for months,"

"You're kidding, you just let him go off by himself?" Dean looked down at Selina "He left you alone?!" Dean looked back up at Bobby "Bobby, you should've been looking after him,"

"I tried. These last months haven't exactly been easy, you know. For him, me, or Selina. We had to bury you," Bobby notioned towards Selina "Poor girl wouldn't go to sleep,"

Selina shifted my gaze downwards from the attention.

Dean pulled her into a side hug, kissing the top of her head "Why did you bury me, anyway?"

"I wanted you salted and burned. Usual drill. But...Sam wouldn't have it," Bobby explained

"Well, I'm glad he won that one,"

"He said you'd need a body when he got you back somehow. That's about all he said,"

Dean stiffened "What do you mean?"

"He was quiet. Real quiet. And then he just took off, left Selina here. Wouldn't return my calls. I tried to find him, but he didn't want to be found,"

Dean stood up "Oh, dammit, Sammy,"

"What?"

"Oh, he got me home okay. But whatever he did, it is bad mojo,"