When the Levee Breaks

Bobby turned a computer over revealing a headline "The news. The news ain't good,"

"This is what Rufus called about?" Dean questioned "Key West sees ten species go extinct,"

"Yep. Plus Alaska. Fifteen-man fishing crew all stricken blind, cause unknown. New York, a teacher goes postal, locks the door, kills exactly sixty-six kids. All this in a single day. I looked them up,"

"They're all seals," Selina realized.

Bobby nodded "Breaking. Fast,"

Dean looked at Selina "How many are left?"

Selina shrugged "Who knows? Can't be many,"

"Where the hell are your angel pals?" Bobby asked.

"Castiel is not my pal," Selina spat as she got up and headed outside, slamming the door shut behind her.

Bobby looked over at Dean "I was just wondering,"

***

Selina leaned her head back as she breathed in the night air. "Well, it's about time," she turned to see Castiel standing behind her.

"What do you want?" Castiel demanded.

Selina crossed her arms "You can start with what the hell happened in Illinois,"

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know. Like what were you going to tell me?!"

"Nothing of importance,"

"You had me travel across state lines, protect your vessel, and it wasn't important?!"

Castiel sighed, and Selina could have sworn she saw sadness flash in the angel's eyes "Selina, I can't. I'm sorry. Get to the reason you really called me. It's about Sam, right?"

Selina thought back to her brother being locked in the panic room to detox from the demon blood flowing in his system. "Can he do it? Kill Lilith, stop the apocalypse?"

"Possibly, yes. But as you know, he'd have to take certain steps,"

Selina shook her head "Consuming the amount of blood it would take to kill Lilith would change Sam forever. I don't...I can't risk that,"

"We believe it's Dean, not Sam, who will stop Lilith. The only question for us is whether you're willing to accept it. Stand up and accept your role. You are the one who will stop it,"

"If I do this," Dean voiced, allowing Selina to realize her brother had been outside the whole time, without her knowledge "Sammy doesn't have to?"

"If it gives you comfort to see it that way," Castiel nodded.

"God, you're a dick these days," Selina snapped.

Dean walked over and placed a reassuring hand on Selina's back to calm her down. "I'm in,"

"You give yourself over wholly to the service of God and his angels?" Castiel asked.

"Yeah, exactly,"

"Say it,"

"I give myself over wholly to serve God and you guys,"

"You swear to follow his will and his word as swiftly and obediently as you did your own father's?"

Selina laughed bitterly at the mention of John.

Dean nodded "Yes, I swear. Now what?"

"Now you wait," Castiel replied "and we call on you when it's time,"

"Where have I heard that before?" Selina muttered to herself as she glanced down at her pocket where the cell phone was.

***

Selina wanted to cover her ears as Sam screamed out for them from the panic room.

"Bobby! Dean! Selina! Help! Hey! Hey! Guys! Guys! Help! Dean! Selina!" Sam called out.

"Correct me if I'm wrong," Bobby said transferring Selina's focus over to him "but you willingly signed up to be the angels' bitch?" he looked at Selina "and you let him?! I'm sorry. Do you prefer sucker? After everything you said about them, now you trust them?"

"Come on, give me a little credit, Bobby." Dean argued "I've never trusted them less. I mean, they come on like shady politicians from planet Vulcan,"

"Then why in the hell did you..."

"Because what other option do I have?" Dean exclaimed, "It's either trusting the angels or let Sammy trust a demon?"

Selina moved to argue.

"A demon that isn't our sister," Dean corrected.

Bobby nodded "I see your point,"

Selina stood up. "You hear that?"

The men stayed quiet to listen.

"Yeah, that's a little too much nothing," Bobby agreed.

Dean, Bobby, and Selina hurried to the basement and opened the window in the door.

Sam was on the floor of the panic room, having a seizure.

"What if he's faking?" Dean reasoned.

"You really think he would?" Bobby challenged.

"I think he'd do anything,"

Sam was slammed against the wall by an invisible force.

"That's not fake," Selina noted.

Dean and Bobby threw open the door and charged in to get Sam down and pin him to the cot.

Selina could only watch from the sidelines, her hands shaking in fear which caused the lights to flicker from her emotions.

"We're gonna have to tie him down for his own safety." Bobby reasoned. He looked over at Dean "Dean? You with me? Dean! Before he has another fit,"

Dean nodded his head as he came out of his trance "Yeah, yeah. Let's just get it over with,"