The Monster at the End of this Book [2]

"I reiterate. Freaking insane," Dean muttered as he browsed the site "Check it out. There's actually fans. There's not many of them, but still. Did you read this?"

"Yeah," Sam sighed.

"Although for fans, they sure do complain a lot. Listen to this-Simpatico says 'the demon story line is trite, cliched, and overall craptastic.' Yeah, well, screw you, Simpatico. We lived it,"

"Yeah. Well, keep on reading. It gets better,"

"There are Sam girls, Dean girls, Selina girls, Selina guys and what's Delina?"

"Wait, what?!" Selina got up and turned the computer to face her "Oh, I'm gonna be sick,"

Dean looked at Sam confused 

"As in...Selina-slash-Dean. Together," Sam explained.

Dean looked between Selina and Sam "Like, together-together?"

"Yeah,"

"They do know we're siblings, right?"

"Doesn't seem to matter," Selina muttered.

"Oh, come on. That...That's just sick." Dean shut the laptop in disgust "We got to find this Carver Edlund,"

"Yeah, that might not be so easy," Sam sighed.

"Why not?"

"No tax records, no known address. Looks like 'Carver Edlund' is a pen name,"

"Somebody's gotta know who he is,"

***

Sam, Dean, and Selina were meeting with the publisher of the 'Supernatural' series.

The publisher was a young, attractive woman in a long sweater. She was eager but appeared both a little nervous and somewhat skeptical of the Winchesters' intentions.

"So you published the 'Supernatural' books?" Sam asked.

"Yep. Yeah. Gosh. These books...You know, they never really got the attention they deserved. All anybody wants to read anymore is that romance crap. You know-'Doctor Sexy, MD'?"

Selina sent a sly smirk over towards Dean.

"Please," The Publisher smirked.

"Right." Sam said "Well, we're hoping that our article can...shine a light on an underappreciated series,"

"Yeah, yeah, because, you know, if we got a little bit of good press then m-maybe we could start publishing again,"

"No!" Dean and Selina exclaimed.

Dean cleared his throat "I mean, why-why would you want to do that? You know, it's, uh, such a complete series, what with Dean going to hell and all,"

"Oh, my god! That was one of my favorite ones, because Dean was so...strong...and brave. And Sam and Selina...I mean, the best parts are when they'd cry. You know, like in-In 'Heart', when Selina had to kill Madison..."

Selina's fists tightened around the chair she was sitting in, Dean placed a reassuring hand over hers when he heard the chair crack.

"And in Home when Dean had to call John and ask him for help." The Publisher continued "Gosh...if only real men were so open and in touch with their feelings,"

"Real men?" Dean questioned.

"I mean, no offense. How often do you cry like that, hmm?"

"Well, right now, I'm crying on the inside,"