32- And We Can Soap Each Other Up

Dedicated to: @Teddycraz for the gorgeous picture on the side!

32

“Sign this please.” The guy handed over to me a clipboard and a pen. “And this.”

I took the pen and board and quickly scribbled down my signature before handing it back to him. “Thank you.”

Tipping his hat, he gave me a nod before returning back to drive the truck.

“Bring these to the stock room please.” I told Bill and he nodded.

Walking back to the baking room, my phone buzzed in my pocket. It was a text from Reese telling me she was stopping by in a quarter of an hour to pick up her goods. I sent a quick reply.

“Was that Mr. Green Eyed Hottie?” Dani smirked, leaning on the door frame. “Tell him I said hi.”

“That was Reese.” I rolled my eyes. “Get back to work.”

“Right.” She gave me a mock salute. “By the way, the dicks almost done.”

“Yeah- wait, what dick?” I asked her in surprise. “What are you talking about?”

“Please tell me you didn’t forget.” Dani said. “Marcus and the guys back at the decorating are having a field day making dicks. I think some of them are using their own as a guide. Don’t worry, no one’s showing their junk.”

“What on earth are you talking about?” I was baffled by what she was telling me.

“Remember Soon-To-Be Mrs. Marshall? She wanted a dick cake for her bachelorette party.”

I scrunched up my nose in annoyance. Ah yes, her. She created quite an image on what she wanted. I pushed that memory in the furthest part of my brain, boxed it up in a very tiny container, and wrapped it in tape several times before storing it in the useless files.

“You’re in charge of that.” I told her. “And please prepare Reese’s order. She’ll be over soon.”

Twenty minutes later, Reese walked through the entrance of the bakery with Liam. His eyes widened in awe as his eyes glazed over the product display, his jaw dropping on the process. When he saw me, he immediately release his mother’s hand and launched himself on me.

“Aunt Beth!” he yelled.

Opening my arms to receive him, I called, “Liam!”

He jumped on my arms and I lifted him off the ground. He started giggling and placed his index finger on top of his lips telling me to quiet down.

“I miss you!” Liam cheered. “I miss cake and cupcake and pies, and muffins and cookies! Cookies! Do you have any cookies with you? I want cookies. Mommy no give cookies.”

Smiling at the kid on my arms, I gave him a thumb’s up. Snatching a cookie on the tray when Reese wasn’t looking, I handed it to him. He looked around before receiving it like we were doing some kind of illegal drug trade.

I placed him down and he started darting through the doors to the decorating room. Oh well.

“How’s life?” I asked as I walked over to Dani and my sister.

Reese groaned out loud. “Liam’s being hard headed and Dominic and I aren’t in good terms right now.”

“What’s the fight this time?” I asked. They fight about a lot of things, however before the day ends, they seem to make things up with no problem.

“He ate all of my chocolates!” She sighed out loud. “I was saving it up! It was the expensive ones, and they were my favorite! The ones Aunt Anna gave us from London!”