09- Them Kids, Not Kids Kids

09

Saturday finally came which meant tomorrow’s Sunday and there’s no work. Oh and today meant Allie’s birthday too.

Ever since Tuesday, Blake and I would hang out before he had to go to work after dropping Liam off. This became my ritual recently for the past few days and I secretly hoped it would last forever.

Dani and Marcs have been a more pain in the ass ever since. They kept on teasing me, and embarrassing me in front of Blake. They were like a gift sent from the devil himself to torment me every single day. Even when Blake wasn’t around and I was on the phone, they’d automatically presume it’s Blake- it’s not, and start nudging me, or write inappropriate stuff on a piece of paper and show it to me.

I brought Liam with me to work today since I didn’t want to leave him alone anywhere. He’s in the comfort of my office, coloring and watching Disney.

I was in the decorating room with Dani, finalizing Allie’s birthday cake.

It was a simple three tiered round cake. It alternated with pink fondant, chocolate brown, and the top was also pink. The design was simple. I had hand piped filigree designs all over it in white and gold. Allie’s name was in the middle tier. There were star shaped cake pops in sticks on the top to look like fireworks. The number four was in the middle of the makeshift fireworks.

“You really went the extra mile for Blake’s daughter, huh?” Dani smirked.

I rolled my eyes. “What are you talking about?”

She picked up the a piping bag beside me. “You insisted on doing all of the filigree designs on the cake by yourself.”

“Your point is?” I cocked my head to one side. “I can pipe; of course I can do it.”

“That’s not what I meant.” She said. “What I was trying to say is that you usually don’t do all the designs by yourself. Even in baking the cake, you don’t but with Blake, you did everything yourself for the past few days.”

I shrugged. “I haven’t made a tiered cake all by myself for a while now so I thought why not rebuff my skills?”

“Fine, keep telling yourself that.” She rolled her eyes at me. Okay? “What do you want me to do with this?”

She raised up her left hand showing me the piping bag she just took.

I shrugged. “Go and make rosettes or something like that.”

She stared at me flatly.

“What?” I asked in confusion. “Did I say something?”

She thrust the bag to me. “You do it. Your roses look so much better.”

“There’s not much difference Dani.” I snorted. “Stop being so over dramatic.”

“Come one,” she elbowed my on my side. “Wouldn’t it be better if you did it? You can brag to Blake that you did it all by yourself.”

“Why would I do that?” I rolled my eyes. “Nothing is going on between us Dani.”

“Sure.” She responded, dragging the word with her as she mimicked me, rolling her eyes.

I ignored her for the most part of the day until it was time to deliver the cake. Liam was with me, sitting on the passenger’s seat as I drove to Blake’s house. He was excited so much that the schoolboy grin never left his lips, his grasp on the paper bag where a bear he built in Build-A –Bear on Sunday lied never loosened.

I came by a house where a few kids with moms went in, and I automatically know this his. I parked the truck nearest to his house which thankfully was just right outside. I pulled the key out of the ignition and dropped it in the pocket of my chef whites and opened the door. Liam bolted out faster than the speed of light.