06- When I Was Nine I Thought I Ruled The World

Don't be shy, tell me what you think :)

06

A lot of things have slipped out of my mouth.

Like when I was nine I thought I ruled the world and it would fall out of space without me so I decided to talk back to my mom, with sass I might add. And it was one of the sassiest battle ever.

Never mind, it wasn’t even close to a battle because by the time I had seven words out of my mouth, my mom cut me off and snapped at me.

Warning: Please whatever happens never ever attempt to do that or even put that thought in your mind. To cut it short she made me kneel in front of the altar for half an hour chanting prayers of forgiveness over and over again.

I thought I learned from that. Guess I didn’t:

When I was twelve one of my teachers pissed me off because he thought I was cheating when I was just merely picking up my eraser on the floor and sent me to the principal. So I talked back, defending myself. I told him that the cold weather was getting in his hairless head and that his humongous nose made his brain think I was copying the answers of my seatmate. My grade was even higher than hers.

Again I warn, do not attempt if you know your mother will find out. She made me kneel in front of the altar again but this time for almost an hour. And I got suspended for a day.

It’s safe to say that I learned my lesson.

When I was seventeen, I had my first ever boyfriend. He attempted to kiss me but I was eating pizza at the time. So when his lips crashed onto mine, I was in shock. That was my first ever kiss and well, the first time I spit pizza bits on to someone’s face.

This time was no different. When I came back from the laundry room with Blake’s clothes on top of my hands, something slipped off my tongue too.

“You smell good.”

I was handing him his clothes when his cologne hit my nose for the first time. I knew he’d been wearing it but I was too preoccupied with his face to even notice the scent. He smelled amazing, better than the baking room in fact.

That tiny slip of the tongue made me want to bury myself alive right in my yard. My face started to become hot as I blushed franticly. This has got to be worse than the pizza spitting moment and I would gladly kneel in front of the altar for a good hour and a half for those three words not to spill out of my mouth.

I swear the universe makes me want to make a fool of myself.

Blake was taken aback at first of my bluntness but then he grinned at me and leaned in, sniffing my neck. Oh god.

Oh. My. God.

I hope I put on deodorant this morning.

“You smell good too.”

I don’t know if he was lying or not but I gave a shy sheepish grin and thrust his clothes to him. He gladly took them from my hands.

A few hours later I was back in the kitchen, a spatula in one hand and the other on the cake stand. I was frosting it already and Blake was watching me intently like I had grown five hands more. His steel gray eyes were fixed on my handiwork and it was suffice to say that I felt good.

Liam and Allie were already on the bar stools, a plate in front of them as they held on their forks like it was their life. Their gaze never left the cake too.

After giving the cake one last good swirl, I took the knife and started cutting into it. Liam was already jumping in his, not able to contain his excitement. He eats this stuff at least twice a month but he still acts like it was his first time.