13- Was It Worth It?

A shoutout to FrancesBL because she wanted one :)

13

It was around eight in the evening when I started talking to Blake. And the clock now read a quarter passed ten. I didn’t realize how time passed us by fast. It didn’t feel like we already wasted hours talking to each other on the phone. I was glad that we were currently on phone talk basis and not video chat because I had my hair up in a bun with some green colored facial mask on my face right now that made me look like a monster that escaped a three year old’s bed.

We were talking about the how dogs are better than squirrels. I don’t know how we got there but we got there. I was on the dog side (of course I am, I am a certified dog lover), with him on the squirrel side (don’t ask how or why for even I couldn’t comprehend the reason behind it).

“No, dogs are cute. You can annoy the hell out of them and they would still be happy.” I pointed out as I lightly poked Skittles randomly on his sides. “Squirrels on the other hand can plot your death without you knowing and can bite your fingers off when you annoy them.”

“Yeah but squirrels can climb trees, dogs can’t.”

“Why would you want a dog to climb a tree?”

“Why would you want to annoy someone?” he countered and I could hear his smirk growing. Touché.

I sat up, using my elbows for support. “Because it’s fun?”

“It’s not.” Blake snorted.

“Have you tried annoying someone?”

“Every day.”

I grinned knowing of my victory. “See? Even you do it. I told you it’s fun.”

“You don’t seem to enjoy when Dani annoys you.”

“Ugh.” I groaned falling back down on my bed with a soft thud. My face slowly heated up at the memory of what had happened earlier today. It was like the talk that was supposed to but never happened with Reese when I was much younger happened. “Please don’t bring her up. Hearing her name gives me a headache already.”

“Aw come on Bethany.” He says sweetly with a hint of mischief. Now he was just teasing me. “Dani isn’t that bad.”

“You sound just like my sister.” I uttered. “Dani is like the female version of Marcus and he is an expert in annoying me. He’s been doing it for years now. They’re both annoying.”

“I like them.”

“Because you find my reaction amusing when they tease me.” I rolled my eyes knowing he couldn’t see me.

“Hey, I’m not that mean.”

“I never said you were.”

So we talked for a few more hours when my phone suddenly died on me. I had no idea the battery life could stand for hours while on the phone. It was around half past one when my phone had given up on me. It should’ve said something before giving up on me.

When I finally plugged my charger in, I sent a quick short text to Blake apologizing for my phone suddenly dying and ending our five hour phone conversation.

I couldn’t sleep that night. A stupid smile was stuck on my face as I grasped the phone tight around my fingers. I had this weird butterfly feeling in my stomach and for the first time I actually like it. I like how Blake can have this effect on me when he was a few miles away from me; how only listening to his voice, talking to him makes my heart beat faster.