31- Getting Naked In Public Parking Lot

31

We were the only ones in the lake when the universe decided to let us go for a swim, so we swam back to the platform and when we got out of the man-made lake, both of us were shivering.

My teeth were chattering so hard I was positive it was going to crack anytime soon. I could hear Blake’s teeth chattering too. I was shaking from the cold. It was already night time and summer was ending soon.

“Let’s go to the car.” Blake said, his voice trembled.

“Can we ask for a towel first?” I suggested and started walking behind him.

“Uh, I don’t think so.” Blake uttered silently, and I don’t know how it’s possible from the freezing wind, but his face flustered. Using his index finger, he pointed at something behind him.

I looked past him and saw a sign. Operating Hours: 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM. I grabbed Blake’s cold hand to check for the time. It was already ten.

“Yeah we trespassed.” Blake muttered and grabbed my hand. “If we ask for towels, they’d know we broke in. And I don’t really like to talk to security to explain to them why I broke my girlfriend and I in the lake to see the fireworks.”

I took another glance at the sign which was beside the entrance. I saw a padlock dangling on the bars which was supposed to be on the gate.

“Don’t get mad at me Bethany.” He said, leading us back to the parking lot. “Admit it, you had fun. The view in the lake is a thousand times better than the tree house, or anywhere for that matter.”

“I-I’m not mad” I stammered form the extreme cold. “I’m just really cold.”

“Me too.”

When we finally reached his car, I had this feeling ice was already on my hair although I was being paranoid since it wasn’t that cold. But it was still cold.

Blake retrieved a black duffel bag and unzipped it. He pulled out a jacket, a blanket and a two complete sets of a change of clothes for him- even his boxers.

“Did you pack your entire closet here?” I narrowed my eyes at him. “Or were you a scout back then?”

“Neither.” He responded and took of his button down followed by his shirt. “It’s for emergencies like getting stuck in the rain. In our case, it’s falling in the lake. Take off your shirt and blazer.”

“I told you I’m not streaking.” I told him seriously. “Why would I have to strip? And why here? Can’t we change in the bathroom?”

“You’re going to get pneumonia if you don’t.” He rolled his eyes. He fisted the jacket and gave it to me. “Take it off and wear this. And regarding to the last question, I really do not feel like walking all the way to the restaurant soaked. By the time we get there, we’d be human ice cubes.”

“O-okay.” I mumbled, taking the shirt from his hand. I took off my blazer and squeezed the water from it before placing it on top of the car. “Uh…”

“What’s wrong?”

“Can you turn around?” I asked in a small voice, my cheeks blushing. “I have to take my shirt off.”

“Now why would I want to miss that?” Blake smirked as he unbuttoned his jeans and dropped them down to his ankles.

Note, we were in the dark parking lot of a restaurant in the middle of some place I didn’t know of but Blake did and he was now only his boxers smirking at me. So of course my only reaction to his bold action was to blush, furiously.