3

Official Report

British Intelligence

Code: 3986

Kathleen Winfred

I did not realize my mistake until it was too late. Until I was forced to present identification papers to enter a Nazi Officers and Interrogators Facility. I grabbed the first ones that I pulled out. They just happened to be the ones bearing a name that the Germans recognized. Kathleen Winfred had become quite well known for her efforts to foil any Nazi plans. The Gestapo must have thought they were getting a juicy catch when they got me. After all, here was a girl who knew something. Here was a girl who was part of the inner workings of the British Intelligence. However, they messed up on one vital part.

The British Intelligence Agency (I’ll abbreviate BIA for short) never let me know exactly what was going on. They gave me enough information to piece together a logical conclusion about the way things were, but not enough to know everything. I wasn’t exactly as informed as they would have liked me to have been. (More on that later)

After being captured, I was taken to a building on the outskirts of town. An old Hotel, I believe. I was quite shocked to learn that it was the very hotel we had stayed in on our trip to France. How dark and sinister it is now that the Nazis have it; so much different from what it was before.

(I will return later to finish my transcript. I can't finish much tonight.)

***

image: A vintage, 1940s coat, as I imagine Kathleen wearing