chapter 17

I woke up to a  weight on my chest and arms. I looked down and saw wynter. She was snuggled into my chest her hand was on my waist and my arm was wrapped around her body. Her hair sprawled out over her. I looked closer and realized her neck was covered with hickeys. I smirked to myself

"Alpha?" a voice called from the door. I brought my gaze up and todd's head in the doorway. "There have been sightings of hunters near our land." I sighed and looked down at my mate. I was debating whether to deal with it now or later. I slowly detach myself from my mate and threw on a white shirt with jeans and black sneakers. I looked back at wynter and pulled the covers up closer to her form, I leaned down and kissed her on the head before exiting my room.

(Wynter's P.OV)

I woke up alone. I sat up and realized Ryder wasn't in his room and hasn't been for a few hours. I felt fear creep into my spin. I was just about to get out of bed when the door opened. A young woman came into the room. She was wearing a long dress, her hair was up in a bun and she wore a cold expression on her face.

"Alpha requested for your presents. Get dressed and then follow me," she ordered. I felt my start to growl. I got out of bed and threw on my clothes from yesterday. I fixed my hair and put my glasses back on. I pulled my sweatshirt close to my body trying to hide the hickies that lingered from yesterday's events.

I slowly followed the women out of ryders room and into the clean hallway.

I was following the lady when she abruptly stopped in her tracks and bowed. My face held confusion when she respectively said" Good morning Alpha."

"Oh beth, you don't have to call me that anymore, that's in my past." I heard a deep voice humorously say. "And who do we have here. Hello miss my name's herald, I used to be the alpha of this pack. And judging by your scent you must be my son's mate,wynter?" He kindly smiled at me. I tugged my jacket closer to my body before shly nodding my head while looking at his brown shoes.

"Father don't terrorize my mate like that, she's shy." I looked up and saw Ryder leaning against the wall. He glanced towards me and gave me a shit-eating grin. I blushed and looked away. I heard his sneakers approaching when he suddenly wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me to his side. "Besides, she was supposed to see me before she met anyone yet. We were supposed to have a chat. Now if you would accuse us, my mate and I have much to discuss. " and with that, he dragged me down another hallway until we approached a wooden door, he pushed it open with his free hand and pulled me inside.

I looked around and we appeared to be in an office-like room." where are we?" I inquired while looking around the room some more. There was a wooden teach like a desk that had a pile of papers stacked somewhat neatly. On the other side of the desk was a desk lamp, there was a map laid out with points marked on it. Behind the desk was a big window that showed the forest. Currently, where draped elegantly to the side of the window. There were bookcases on the walls and two chairs that were placed right in front of the desk.

"Isn't it obvious? We are in my own personal, study," he stated matter of factly before shooting me another one of his shit-eating grins that turned into a devilish smirk once he realized the jacket I was wearing was purposely covering my neck. The blush that I had been somewhat representing decided to come back full force. If I had a mirror with me I would've guessed I looked like a stop sign. I cleared my throat and tore my eyes away from his captivating ones." So..why did you bring me here?"

"You know to talk and..." I heard him trail off, I looked back up and found him gone. I felt a breath at the back of my neck. I squealed and turned around. His arms reached and grabbed my waist before crashing his lips to mine. I gasped when he pushed me up against the wall and lifted my legs so that they were wrapped around his waist. One of his hands grabbed my hips while the other one pushed my shirt up a little bit. His lips never leaving my skin, trailed their way down towards my neck. I let a breathy moan out.