chapter 5

What I imagine the room to look like. ^

I awoke to a loud snore coming from my left side. I slowly moved my head and saw carter sleeping in the green armchair. His mouth was open, his hair was ruffled and in his hand was a beer.  I squinted my eyes towards the clock that hung above the wooden door.

It was 6:30 in the morning. I glanced down at my body. I saw black and blue marks everywhere. I also saw that my scratch on my leg was bandage messily. He must of saw that it was bleeding and bandaged it.  I heard a groan and then movement that followed afterward.

I looked up and I saw carter rub his face. I saw him look towards me, and in his eyes, I saw concern and guilt.

" Good-morning Wynter," he said with a  sheepish smile.

" G-Good morning carter," I said trying to keep my voice level.  He frowned and moved towards me. Once he was in front of me he crouched down. His hand was slowly moving towards my face. But before he could touch my face I flinched away. He saw this and instantly his smile was gone. And what was left was a face of guilt and worry.

" I am so, sorry winter, I didn't mean to snap at you again. It's just that with me being a   police officer, and all it really stresses me out. Last night my boss said that I was seen sneaking in the weapons room. He said I was fired.  But the good news is that he was wrong. He thought it was me but it was some Cedric guy who wanted a gun to kill his family. Lucky me right," he finished with a new smile on his face. I tried smiling back but it just looked like I was in pain.  He saw my movement and leaned over me. I shivered when his breath fanned across my face. My face slightly scrunched up in disgust when I smelled beer. His face was in front of mine.

     He leaned in and kissed me on the lips. After a few seconds, he leaned back and whispered" I will always love you, no matter, Wynter," normally any girl would swoon, I mean I did when he first said that to me, but when he said it this time I felt disgusted and weird.  The feeling was like spiders crawling all over you.  He reached into his pocket and pulled out a knife. I gulped in fear and closed my eyes tight. I sucked in a breath and prayed that he wouldn't cut my throat.

  But when I felt my arms be released from the restraints  I opened my eyes in shock.  Once the rope or whatever material it was, was off my arms I felt him take one of my arms and kissed the inside of my wrist. " I am so sorry, I am an asshole to you. You deserve better," he said while taking my other arm and kissing it.

Once he kissed both of my wrists he moved towards my legs and set them free of restraints. After all of my limbs were free from bindings. He was about to say something when his phone buzzed." Shit. Sorry pumpkin work is calling. It's an emergency. There is left over chinsese food in the fridge and money on the counter for whatever you want my treat. I gotta go I love you." he said as he kissed my head before hurrying out the door. I didn't move a muscle until I was sure he was gone.

Once I heard his car start. I slowly got up from my spot on the floor and made my way over towards the window. I opened the window and saw him driving out of the driveway. Once he was down the street, I slowly walked towards our room. A few minutes later I was standing in front of the shower door with my clothes on the counter and the shower running.   I sighed and looked in the mirror. I saw bruises all over my body. There were bruises on my stomach, my chest and my neck.   My skin was very pale, and there were dark circles under my eyes as well. I looked away from the mirror and stepped into the shower. A moan left my mouth when the water soothed my bruised skin. It felt so good.

20 minutes later I was outside the bathroom with black and white checkered pants on and a black long-sleeved shirt. My hair was brushed and put up into a ponytail. And on my feet were black fuzzy, soft socks.  I saw that the bed was made.  I put away my laundry before falling down on the bed.  I grabbed a fuzzy, wolf blanket my mother gave me and wrapped it around myself. I got cozy and soon drifted off to sleep.