chapter 15

It's been a couple of weeks since Ryder and first met. Today is Saturday, which means I get the house to myself since carter is going out with his buddies again.

He is going out a lot recently.

Well, honey, he could be cheating on you,

What!! I would never assume tha-

Well, he has been leaving every day at 5:00 PM saying "my buddies and I need time to discuss a case' or "yeah I am needed back at work, for a case'.

What if he really is needed at work and what if he really does need to go over some things with his friends? What's so wrong about that?

You're a lost cause

I rolled my eyes and looked at the time on my phone it was currently 9:00 in the morning and I still haven't gotten out of bed. I groaned as I made my protesting body get up and go to the bathroom. After I went to the bathroom, I hopped back into bed, planning to spend the rest of my day being lazy.

I was in the middle of playing temple run when Ryder texted me. You're probably wondering how did I get his number, right? Well, when we were assigned projects he decided that we needed to have each other's number to see when we would have any free time to actually work on the project.

Ryder-Hey!! Wynter. Are you free today?

Wynter-..yes... Why?

Ryder-good get dressed and meet me in the park by the school. In 20 minutes.

Wynter-umm ...why?

Ryder-it's a surprise...

Wynter-you know I hate surprises.

Ryder- too bad, soo sad. You will love this one trust me...

Wynter-fineeee

Ryder-yess. See you soon...

Wynter-yep bye.

Ryder-bye

I signed and tossed the covers off of me. I opened my closet and looked for something to wear. The weather outside was sunny and a little breezy. A little weird, considering it was just snowing a couple of weeks ago.

What should I wear?

Wear the white neck beater with the skinny jeans. And on your feet wear your light brown combat boots. And for your hair, do half up half down and curly. And makeup keep it light and simple.

Wow, thanks!

No problem, now! Go and get ready we don't want to be late.

Okay okay.

I quickly grabbed the clothing and began to get ready.

20 minutes later I was almost to the park with my outfit completed. I gotta say amber did a really good job on deciding the outfit. I pulled in the parking lot for the park and got out of my car. I texted Ryder.

Wynter-okay I'm here where are you?

Ryder-I am by that big tree towards the end of the park. Do you see it in the distance?

Wynter-umm...yes I do.

Ryder-okay.

I quickly jogged towards the tree and what I found was amazing. I saw Ryder sitting on a picnic blanket with a basket of food and drinks.

"Surprise! Happy birthday!!" Ryder immediately snatched me into a hug. I was too shocked to even move. He pulled back and bent down so he was at my level.